SAU Community

how does this sound.....

Nozila

hey guys i just want some opinion on a system set up matter.

do kickers k6.2 [component splits] and a alpine mrv f505 [amp] go together that well, i think the alpine amp is rated @ 100 rms? while the kicker splits are rated @ 75 rms. IF these figures are the case, does it make sense that the amp will overpower the splits as it seems thus far. BTw does any1 know how to adjust the noches/switches on these amp to take full advantage of it..or does any1 know what the switches does?

thanx.

I think the MRV F505 only makes 4 x 100 Watts into 2ohms @ 14.4 volts and 4 x 50 WRMS into 4ohms @ 12 volts so it should be perfect for good 75 Watt speakers. If your splits are distorting when you turn it up you may just need to reduce the gain a bit. What did you set your high pass filter at? If you aren't using it or it's set to low it will distort more easily.

I'm not familiar with all the MRV F505's features but I think there is an input level switch. If your H/U has less than 4volt preouts set it to nom. If it has 4Volt preouts set it to 4V . It will also have a HP/LP filter switch for front and rear channels. Set to HP for the splits. Seperate crossover point adjustment for front and rear. Set at about 80Hz to protect the splits from subbass. Front and rear gain controls. To set these turn off all other channels except the splits, turn the front gain all the way down, play a track you know well preferably one that is recorded loudly and has vocals, turn it up until you notice the first little bit of distortion (harshness) then back it off a level on the H/U, then increase the gain (clock wise) until you get the volume you require. Of course if it starts to distort when doing this back it off until it sounds good. Balance the gains on all your amplified channels to suit the splits and your system should sound it's best.

Good luck.

thankyou for you informative response. It seems that i had all the switches on the amp switched to the left, so what i did was switch some of them back to the left, rofl - what happened was when i did this i was completely shocked and almost drop my dacks as it was f##kn loud, apparely it was on 4v which i placed back to norm. Anywhow, system is so now now very very impressed with the sound and quality of not only the splits but the power of the amp.

I do have another question though, I get static noises when ever i switch the engine on but it can only be heared when the h/d volume is at 0. How can i stop this noise, wires crossing ?