SAU Community

Buying A Skyline

Nth

Im in the process in looking to buy a skyline. The first thing i look at when i go to the yards and search on the web is k's. I find it hard to believe that a car that is 14,15 years old has clocked 80,000 or 90,000 k's. In your opioion how many k's would be the lowest (legit) for a 91,92 skyline, is it a better idea to buy from a privet or import seller, how many k's was you skyline when you bought it and what year is your skyline?

mine has 72 thou on it when I imported it.

I even think they were legit.

long story short, don't trust the k's - often wound back in japan, and its soooooo easy to get a new dash in aus.

take it for a spin, check it out - the motors are good for quite a while (just make sure the timing belt has been replaced, or do it yourself)

any more info than that - see up the top... under the red bit in the banner(SAU)... see how it says Search... use it.

oh - and I'd reccomend personal sales - cheaper, if you know what you are doing...

way too easy to wind back or replace speedo odometer etc. never trust the k's on any of 'em. mechanical inspection is a must. see what kida wear n tear is on the car. body damage rust. worn seats gear shift knob if manual. stuff like that.