Commodore Recall

Al-R33

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Skylines with heat soak sounds unusual to me - what sort of HP are you running.

My R32 went to a few trackdays and it never had a problem with heat soak or hot running - sure you would burn your hand on the bonnet stay but car still purred.

Immediately after being blasted around the track it would sit and idle perfectly but then it was standard. I didn't modify the car so that it had high horsepower and then do something silly like leave the coolant system std. Horsepower pretty much translates into heat so you are asking for trouble if you increase the std power to the levels most people do with Skylines without enhancing the cooling system.

So I don't think heatsoak is a design issue with Skylines especially considering most of the models we have here weren't designed for Australia to start with unlike Holdens and Fords.

Skylines with heat soak sounds unusual to me - what sort of HP are you running.

My R32 went to a few trackdays and it never had a problem with heat soak or hot running - sure you would burn your hand on the bonnet stay but car still purred.

Immediately after being blasted around the track it would sit and idle perfectly but then it was standard. I didn't modify the car so that it had high horsepower and then do something silly like leave the coolant system std. Horsepower pretty much translates into heat so you are asking for trouble if you increase the std power to the levels most people do with Skylines without enhancing the cooling system.

So I don't think heatsoak is a design issue with Skylines especially considering most of the models we have here weren't designed for Australia to start with unlike Holdens and Fords.

My guess is that heatsoak is probably more of a problem in heavy traffic on hot days where there is little air flow through FMIC, radiator and engine bay in general than on the race track where there is plenty of high velocity air to keep things cool...

Oh, and as for white cars, Lotus is proof that they can look good.

post-18125-1161331630.jpg

(alright, not the best photo of an Exige, but trust me they look sensational in white)

Edited by Big Rizza

speakin of horid colours on the new commodore. Driven past an orange one a few times, and it looks way to plasticeky.. If thats a word.. yea looks like all plastic!!

But none the less, probably the best shape they have had in a while.

The new barina looks wicked!!

i remember reading about the VE series, and Tom Walkinshaw was saying that its a top of the line sports car and can easily compare to a supercar, and he said it is pretty much a supercar in every aspect...

What ever happened to Tom Walkinshaw Racing?

The new barina looks wicked!!

Please don't tell me you mean the new "Daewoo" Barina? I didn't think that anyone would like that Korean peice of.... anyways... 2 star NCAP crash safety rating vs. the previous model's 4 star NCAP crash safety rating sums it all up.

post-18125-1161354842.jpgpost-18125-1161354867.jpg

"New" Holden Barina vs."Old" Daewoo Kalos... look similar to you?

ROFL @ new barina.

My last car was a VN.

Idled like a pig the whole time I had it. The radiator fan never worked in the two years i had it, it would just bake in heavy traffic. Leaky tranny, steering rack, fuel tank etc.

Drove it thru 3 feet of water last year when the gold coast flooded (long story). It came up to just under the air intake.

When i dropped the oil there was more muddy water in the crankcase than oil.

Flushed her out. New starter motor.

Good as new :) (except for the wet car smell which would take a month or two to disappear).

Lasted another year until the head gasket went, probably from the constant overheating.

Edited by Gts25Tom

it new ve commodore is a piece of crap just like its prevous models

its only been out from august and already it got problems

a/c drain hole leaks water on to the front foot wells f**ks the carpet and the carpet has to be replaced

water also leaks through the door seals mainly on front doors

water also leaks under rh and lh front wheel wells and through rh+lh kick pannels on to the floor

there is also a softwere problem with the bluetooth conectivity

so this is only the start for the ve

i just cant believe ppl by this type of vehicle with soo many problems and they say its a great car

and i the car wont be any better when they release the series-2-3-4 it will just be the same car with more problems

they couldnt fix common problems that were commom in the vt-vz so do u think they will get it sorted in the series 2 ve i dont think so

this car will still probly leak oil just like earlier model commodores

What ever happened to Tom Walkinshaw Racing?

wouldnt have a clue, iv read in a Street Machine that they are doing modifications to cars.. sorta like Herrod is with ford. Same thing really

a/c drain hole leaks water on to the front foot wells f**ks the carpet and the carpet has to be replaced

they had the same problem with the vr. you'd think they'd learn from previous mistakes.

i saw a gunmetal grey commodore last night on my way home. they look absolutely horrid in executive form. they look ok with the ss body kit, but not in plain factory trim.

and tom walkinshaw racing has a fair bit to do with hrt. a few years back they were in the news with hrt and kmart racing due to holden owning part of it or something like that. thats when skaifey bought hrt, and greg murphy started kicking skaife's arse.

OK-Ill say it-these cars are typical Australian trash

no

Honestly, i can't see why you all are so interested in the new commodore,falcon, etc etc, this is a skyline forum if you want to talk about a holden/ford go to one of their forums.simple. don't like them fine stop talking about them. Its like you haven't got anything better to do or say

no

Ford and Holden are on the path of self destruction lately, Its like they have no idea what is popular anymore..

no

remeber, skylines were made for the japanese market. just because 10 year old imports are booming at the moment doesnt mean they are popular on a grand scale. the mass market is what the VE is aiming for

and yeah commodores do have lots of inheret problems, ive seen heaps of the 3800 motors cooling systems di in the ass, almost all of them (even seen a VY with it ) have leaking power steering (skylines arent much better though)

its tsill a kickass car and most of the bugs will be ironed out with the next series. im not even a commodore fan im just sick of everyone on this forum jumping straight to the old "aussie cars a shit in every way ALL HAIL 10 YEAR OLD THRASHED IMPORT"

remeber, skylines were made for the japanese market. just because 10 year old imports are booming at the moment doesnt mean they are popular on a grand scale. the mass market is what the VE is aiming for

and yeah commodores do have lots of inheret problems, ive seen heaps of the 3800 motors cooling systems di in the ass, almost all of them (even seen a VY with it ) have leaking power steering (skylines arent much better though)

its tsill a kickass car and most of the bugs will be ironed out with the next series. im not even a commodore fan im just sick of everyone on this forum jumping straight to the old "aussie cars a shit in every way ALL HAIL 10 YEAR OLD THRASHED IMPORT"

yes!! totally agree....

it new ve commodore is a piece of crap just like its prevous models

its only been out from august and already it got problems

water also leaks through the door seals mainly on front doors

water also leaks under rh and lh front wheel wells and through rh+lh kick pannels on to the floor

there is also a softwere problem with the bluetooth conectivity

so this is only the start for the ve

i just cant believe ppl by this type of vehicle with soo many problems and they say its a great car

and i the car wont be any better when they release the series-2-3-4 it will just be the same car with more problems

they couldnt fix common problems that were commom in the vt-vz so do u think they will get it sorted in the series 2 ve i dont think so

this car will still probly leak oil just like earlier model commodores

there is allready problems with rear main seals leaking..being fixed under warranty..this car is just overpriced under engineered POS ..speak to anyone "honest" that works in the warranty dept of any major dealership ..the car is crap

I am taking my VE SS back next week to get it fixed. It take a whole 30 mins to do!!

No big deal as some of you on here are carrying on. Its mostly a safety thing, mine is not even leaking

boot_it

where did you get all that bs info from? My car hasent got any of those problems. And yes I also have a R33 skyline aswell as the VE SS.

no

no

no

id rather a thrashed 10-15yr old import than a 2000+ model commodore with more problems than u can poke a stick at

at least a 15yr old thrashed import can go more than 20,000km with out havin the diff replaced 3 times

and i will be the first to jump on the lets bash aussie car shit because u cant hide the facts that the commodore is a cheap crap overpriced poor quallity built car with a shit load of problems that they dont iron out between each series and models this is fact

even the vz with 1000km on the clock has a power steering leak (this to me is very poor quallity )only to get it fixed and have to come back in another 2000km to get the dash cluster recallabrated (as the fuel guage drops out when driving :) ) and other stupid things like having to fit a revised rear main seal to the v8s as that piss oil with very low milage, not to mention noisey diffs,,faulty door lock actuators ,faulty remotes ,thermo fans not switchin on ,bad earth connection for srs air bag (bad earth can induce a voltage setting the air bag off),noisey power steer pumps , the list goes on

who also designs a cooling system for the thermo fans to switch on at 105.c

so yes i have a reason to bag the commodore

so shall i start on the other models ie jackeroo,barina,vectra,rodeo

god its good to own a skyline/silvia compaired to this crap above

id rather a thrashed 10-15yr old import than a 2000+ model commodore with more problems than u can poke a stick at

at least a 15yr old thrashed import can go more than 20,000km with out havin the diff replaced 3 times

and i will be the first to jump on the lets bash aussie car shit because u cant hide the facts that the commodore is a cheap crap overpriced poor quallity built car with a shit load of problems that they dont iron out between each series and models this is fact

even the vz with 1000km on the clock has a power steering leak (this to me is very poor quallity )only to get it fixed and have to come back in another 2000km to get the dash cluster recallabrated (as the fuel guage drops out when driving :) ) and other stupid things like having to fit a revised rear main seal to the v8s as that piss oil with very low milage, not to mention noisey diffs,,faulty door lock actuators ,faulty remotes ,thermo fans not switchin on ,bad earth connection for srs air bag (bad earth can induce a voltage setting the air bag off),noisey power steer pumps , the list goes on

who also designs a cooling system for the thermo fans to switch on at 105.c

so yes i have a reason to bag the commodore

so shall i start on the other models ie jackeroo,barina,vectra,rodeo

god its good to own a skyline/silvia compaired to this crap above

You seem to have the mentality of a typical silvia owner whos cars worth less than 10G but bags everything else on the road which you have never driven!!!

After 6 years of owning a R33 there are so many problems with it that if I took it back to Nissan I wouldnt get it back for a year

I am taking my VE SS back next week to get it fixed. It take a whole 30 mins to do!!

No big deal as some of you on here are carrying on. Its mostly a safety thing, mine is not even leaking

boot_it

where did you get all that bs info from? My car hasent got any of those problems. And yes I also have a R33 skyline aswell as the VE SS.

sorry if it bull shit to u where do u think i get my info from maybe holden perhaps (coz ive allready had to do what i posted above along with other shit) i dont post bull shit i let the real facts known

but your a lucky person if u havent had problems yet but u will give it time

You seem to have the mentality of a typical silvia owner whos cars worth less than 10G but bags everything else on the road which you have never driven!!!

After 6 years of owning a R33 there are so many problems with it that if I took it back to Nissan I wouldnt get it back for a year

i dont give a f**k what u think

and i driven/fixed/built more makes and models of cars than u have had hot dinners