SAU Community

Stock Internals - Max Rwhp

Hypn0tiK

Im considering upgrading turbo and doing some mild work to the engine.

Just wondering, if i just get a new turbo now, what would I be able to consistantly run as a daily drive, until I can afford internals?

The Car currently has:

3" All the way

FMIC

PFC

10psi

260rwhp stock turbo

Looking at getting HKS2835r Kit

What should I do to the engine first to make it more stable? I have NFI where to start??

Recommendations? Suggestions? etc.. Thanks in advance.

it depends on the motor condition, how hard you will drive it.. etc..

i've seen a 33 running ~410rwhp and its still living..

and then ive seen a ~350rwhp one go pop too..

do you have an aftermarket ecu? you will probably need one to tune it properly and safely too.

it says pfc..

i cant read at 6:23am, so nyeh!

for the upgrade you would probably need fmic, pfc, new fuel pump would be a good idea, possibly injectors, and a Z32 AFM..

but you have the pfc and fmic, so just look at the AFM, fuel pump, and pssibly injectors depending on high many horsies you want!

Im considering upgrading turbo and doing some mild work to the engine.

Just wondering, if i just get a new turbo now, what would I be able to consistantly run as a daily drive, until I can afford internals?

The Car currently has:

3" All the way

FMIC

PFC

10psi

260rwhp stock turbo

Looking at getting HKS2835r Kit

What should I do to the engine first to make it more stable? I have NFI where to start??

Recommendations? Suggestions? etc.. Thanks in advance.

Nismo 550cc or 740cc Injectors

Z32 AFM

Apexi Pfc (or similar ecu)

Nismo Fuel Pump (or similar larger fuel pump)

Some Sort of Boost Controller

Heavy Duty Clutch

Aftermarket Rims (you cant get traction with 300rwhp+ unless you got some bigger than stock rubber)

Coilovers

im running 337rwhp @ 16psi on basicly the mods i have listen above (engine is stock/unopened), if you have the car tune with a good AFR 11/11.5 : 1 ; the engine should last untill you get the cash for a rebuild (but there are also the unknowned factors which can have blew a few peoples engine )

Good luck

Michael

p.s by hks gt2835 r do you mean gt2835 pro s?

I have just over 410rwhp on stock internals apart from cams and it is running fine with a knock reading that maxes out in the teens. There is also a guy in the east claiming to have run 596rwhp on stock internals.

' date='20 Oct 2006, 08:57 AM' post='2599529']

Nismo 550cc or 740cc Injectors

Z32 AFM

Apexi Pfc (or similar ecu)

Nismo Fuel Pump (or similar larger fuel pump)

Some Sort of Boost Controller

Heavy Duty Clutch

Aftermarket Rims (you cant get traction with 300rwhp+ unless you got some bigger than stock rubber)

Coilovers

im running 337rwhp @ 16psi on basicly the mods i have listen above (engine is stock/unopened), if you have the car tune with a good AFR 11/11.5 : 1 ; the engine should last untill you get the cash for a rebuild (but there are also the unknowned factors which can have blew a few peoples engine )

Good luck

Michael

p.s by hks gt2835 r do you mean gt2835 pro s?

i can pop stock turbo'd 25's :)

ran ~320rwkw for ages, and thrashed the shit out of it almost daily... just decompressed the engine slightly (8.6:1 CR) with a hks 1.6mm headgasket and all the usual mods - keep up a good supply of fuel and get a decent tune.

never skipped a beat.

:)

here is the thread...it is a good laugh reading some of the posts. Starts at 498 and then I am sure in there somewhere it's 596rwhp with NOS.

link

Would you like the video clip of either runs.If you do send me an email address

The 502 Hp on 18 psi which i run 10.8 @ 129mph on pump fuel & Manual with MT slicks

The 591 was a run with 100 shot nitrous which i used for burnouts and f**king around and in the end i Bent a rod.but still lasted me around 8 months of stuffing around and all was done on pump fuel.

my New engine is making 707 rwhp but its a race motor with gt42r turbo

Would you like the video clip of either runs.If you do send me an email address

The 502 Hp on 18 psi which i run 10.8 @ 129mph on pump fuel & Manual with MT slicks

The 591 was a run with 100 shot nitrous which i used for burnouts and f**king around and in the end i Bent a rod.but still lasted me around 8 months of stuffing around and all was done on pump fuel.

my New engine is making 707 rwhp but its a race motor with gt42r turbo

It certainly is a sh*t load of power through the standard internals. :)

Look. if you want power and lots more of it you must understand a simple rule.

More power breaks more things more often therefore power = money.

If you don't have the money to build a strong engine yet then you won't have the money to fix all the other things that big power will end up needing.

There are lots of guys who start off asking the wrong questions. Like " How much power can I make?".

Look at what you want to do with the car first, what is the direction yo want to go in etc.. After you do this you might even find the car you have is not the right starting point and another vehicle would do better.

As a daily driver ,and by that I mean giving it some on occasion and expecting the car to drive a substancial number of kms, you ought not to try and push the envelope on the stock internals much over 300. This is if you want to use the term 'low risk'. The 2835 can be tuned under this limit (as any turbo can be to some extent) with the down side being lag over the factory unit and ultimately a very modest improvement in top end. Cams would also help make the power earlier in the rpm range and with less boost required, all good to help the engine live longer. BUT why is the 2835 the turbo to have? What do you want to DO with the car?

Edited by rev210

It certainly is a sh*t load of power through the standard internals. :(

Theres alot of SAU MEMBERS WHO WITNESSED THE POWER AND THE TRACK RUNS

as well as that ill sell you the bent rod for a hall of fame if u want it

And Yessss im the same guy