SAU Community

Ultimate Performance In Phillip

recce

Was the place called Ultimate Performance or Ultimate Tunes?

There's a place in Phillip called Ultimate Tunes but I've never heard of Ultimate Performance. Ultimate Tunes have a dyno but I haven't really heard of them doing anything other than normal servicing & repairs. They used to do my old car a lot and I think their work was pretty decent.

Has your car got any electronic wizardry that allows you to tune it?

Edited by Bluprint

Yeah, Ultimate tunes is down behind Lennocks. So they do decent work? There's always a rex, a 33 and an FD that I see parked around it or in the shop. Just wondering, as I was thinking of seeing if those guys could install a front mount and a few other small mods for me, as it'd be kind of handy to have a place that can work on my car next door to my work :)

Edited by Sauce

There was always a couple of rotors there, I think most of the staff there have some sort of rotary Mazda. They always did good general work for me, they never did any tuning or modification work for me though. Fitting a front mount I'd say they could do. Best thing would be to ask Nick (The fellow that runs the place) about wether they do a lot of performance work/tuning. He was the kind of guy who would tell you if he didn't feel comfortable doing a job.

nah ulitame tunes didn't they could get add ons for it cos there the mrt dealer in act and mrt is the link dealer in australia, but yeah i didn't end up needing anything they seemed pretty helpful on the phone

Theyre building a friends pretty high power Supra at the moment and seem to know what theyre doing.

Unsure on their experience with the Apexi stuff though (SAFC and PFC).

Ok the guys asking about us, yes we can dyno tune.

Im part owner in Ultimate tunes.

I/we have done quite a fir bit of work on high performance cars, such as:

Tuning

Custom mods

Exhausts

Intercooloers

Engine conversions

and the list goes on.

We can tune

Apexi

Microtech

Haltech

and so on.

My R33 has a power FC and that the one thats always out the front.

The FD has a power FC also tunes by us.

The supra is getting a Power FC which will also be tuned by us.

The Silvia you might seeout the front is getting a HAltech in it right now and again we are tuning it.

We have had countless rotaries with mircotechs also and never had a problem.

If anyone wants to see the work that has come out of Ultimate tunes come over and see us and we can show you pictures of most things we have done.

Many people seem to be happy with the quality of work we produce.

We try to keep everyone happy, sometimes this isnt possible.

We take great pride in our work and do our up most to keep a good reputation.

Because like any business, with no customers we have no money so its in our best interest to do quality work.

I would just like to say that at one stage we had an average mechanic working with us that did cause us quite a few problems, but he is no longer working with us.

Race snooze, Im sorry you have had a bad experience with us in the past.

Edited by Cristian

Thank you for the apology as i never received one when the incident occurred its good to see that you guys are getting good results. That was about 4 years ago, When Nick and Mario were running the show, i think Nick is still there too.

Edited by race_snooze

Thank you for the apology as i never received one when the incident occurred its good to see that you guys are getting good results. That was about 4 years ago, When Nick and Mario were running the show, i think Nick is still there too.

Not a problem at all.

I just hope nothing like this ever happens again.

Mario left quite a while ago and Nick still manages the place.

Ok the guys asking about us, yes we can dyno tune.

Im part owner in Ultimate tunes.

I/we have done quite a fir bit of work on high performance cars, such as:

Tuning

Custom mods

Exhausts

Intercooloers

Engine conversions

and the list goes on.

We can tune

Apexi

Microtech

Haltech

and so on.

My R33 has a power FC and that the one thats always out the front.

The FD has a power FC also tunes by us.

The supra is getting a Power FC which will also be tuned by us.

The Silvia you might seeout the front is getting a HAltech in it right now and again we are tuning it.

We have had countless rotaries with mircotechs also and never had a problem.

If anyone wants to see the work that has come out of Ultimate tunes come over and see us and we can show you pictures of most things we have done.

Many people seem to be happy with the quality of work we produce.

We try to keep everyone happy, sometimes this isnt possible.

We take great pride in our work and do our up most to keep a good reputation.

Because like any business, with no customers we have no money so its in our best interest to do quality work.

I would just like to say that at one stage we had an average mechanic working with us that did cause us quite a few problems, but he is no longer working with us.

Race snooze, Im sorry you have had a bad experience with us in the past.

Nice, Ive heard good things about you guys in the past - I dont know what happened with Shawn (race_snooze) but it sounds like I may be in to see you about a few things for my car...

By the way, you obviously do alot of auto electrical. If you dont mind me asking, where do you go for all of your parts and accessories?

The reason I ask is because I am a salesman at Ashdown/Ingram and we sell everything auto electrical and airconditioning and if you like I might be able to get some really good deals going for you... You know how it works - You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours :) Please PM me with any questions or enquiries!

i had some work done at ultimate tunes and i thought they were fine.

i am particular about certain things when i do business - i don't have the technical knowledge to understand whether a turbo has been properly high-flowed, or whatever, so i look for other indicators of good quality. e.g. if someone says they'll call me, i expect a phone call. if someone says they'll do something by a certain time, i expect it done or an acceptable explanation otherwise. if they want me to believe a particular story, i expect acceptable supporting evidence. these expectations give me a good insight into how they expect to be treated also.

nick was very friendly. he called me when he said he would, even when there was no new information. he showed me everything he was going to do, and then showed me everything he'd done. he was prompt and understanding. i'd go there again no problems.

Nice, Ive heard good things about you guys in the past - I dont know what happened with Shawn (race_snooze) but it sounds like I may be in to see you about a few things for my car...

By the way, you obviously do alot of auto electrical. If you dont mind me asking, where do you go for all of your parts and accessories?

The reason I ask is because I am a salesman at Ashdown/Ingram and we sell everything auto electrical and airconditioning and if you like I might be able to get some really good deals going for you... You know how it works - You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours :) Please PM me with any questions or enquiries!

Bullet32,

We get everything from Wurth right now, its pretty convenient, they come and check the stock and do the order for us.

We generally dont keep a heap in stock, we keep relays, Terminals, an assortment of wire, fuses, fuse holders. Prett much just the basics, if we need anything more we will just get it as we need it.

When you come in bring thou a catalouge if you have one and we can talk about it.

Regards,

Cristian