SAU Community

Not Revving Past 4k

Matex

Hey all

Had a search through other posts but couldn't find any that explained my problem.

95% of the time the car drives perfectly. This morning she wouldn't rev at all, wasn't flat footing it, just normal everyday driving style and she kept cutting out till i shifted into 3rd and than the problem went away. Happened everytime i stopped at lights ie 1st and 2nd coughing and spluttering than 3rd and above normal. Checked that the AFM is plugged in, boost guage reads 12 PSI with no boost spiking running a normal bleed valve.

When i drove home from work earlier today (sore back, don't ask) she drove like nomral. Only happened when i was almost home and gave her a bit, wouldn't rev past 4K and kept on cutting out. Looked at the boost guage and was sitting at 12 PSI.

Got a mate round to show him and car drove normally. Revved past 4K and pulled strongly through all gears.

Also it would seem that my bleed valve isn't working. I have the thing shut so that it should be at the stock boost pressure but she's still reading 12 PSI. Could that be it ???

Finally i recently installed a Hybrid bolt on intercooler kit. 600 X 300 X 76. Now my bonnet won't shut properly as we had to remove the centre bit to install the intercooler. We knocked up a peice of metal to hold the latch in place but it won't pop the hood unless someone is pulling it up and it moves up and down in the wind as i am driving

Any ideas as to these problems?

Thanks

I remember my 3SGTE was so shit, in stock form, it just got worse and worse, till finally, I wondered if it would even make it the short drive to the workshop where I was having an aftermarket ECU installed.

I never thought about it much again because the car was alive and double the power of ever before after the tune. I was half expecting to be told the engine was dead.

I am amazed how many people have problems related to running rich, as I did and don't just get an aftermarket ecu of some sort. SAFC if you have a low budget.

One thing leads to another when you run rich, you'll use more fuel, you'll block up your cat, etc.

Just get an safc and a tune, if not one better and get a full aftermarket ecu, make sure you have NO boost leaks. get rid of you bleed valve if you have it shut.

pulled one of the spark plugs. Looks like its at the end of its life. Little electrode bit is nearly gone ( I think thats what its called :D) but the rest looks ok so i'm going to go get some spark plugs and we'll see what happens. Any spark plugs recommended ???

Now it won't rev past 4.5 at full throttle. Starts spluttering and coughing. 3/4 and she revs to about 4700 but keeps cutting out. At half throttle however it revs out to 7 no problem. Any ideas as to what could be the problem. Installed some iridium plugs today but this problem is annoying me.

Now it won't rev past 4.5 at full throttle. Starts spluttering and coughing. 3/4 and she revs to about 4700 but keeps cutting out. At half throttle however it revs out to 7 no problem. Any ideas as to what could be the problem. Installed some iridium plugs today but this problem is annoying me.

check your coils...