SAU Community

Vee Port On An Rb25det?

NYTSKY

and i currently have one on my RB25 with stock ecu and AFM and on both HARD and SOFT settings it works fine. never has my car idled funny or stalled. When on the SOFT setting, exhaust pops and farts a bit much though. very reliable BOV though :laugh:

Yep really makes you wonder if a bit of pssh noise is worth the expense of returning your car back to near stock and spending $$ on possible bushes, any oil seeps etc just to get it through the inspection.

holy shit, did you do a search?

This topic is covered about 10 times day.

But To sum it up - You have an AFM. Put an Atmospheric BOV on there to try and sound cool and you won't because your car is stalling all the time.

holy shit, did you do a search?

This topic is covered about 10 times day.

But To sum it up - You have an AFM. Put an Atmospheric BOV on there to try and sound cool and you won't because your car is stalling all the time.

holy shit, did you read any of the replies?

seems that there are a few people with them that aren't having problems.

Yeah this guy up here has the factory BOV and a Blitz bov at the same time, and stalls all the time and runs heaps rich, nice pops on gear changes :whistling:. He just wont believe me when i tell him get rid of the atmo bov. But the best part is, he reckons it gives him like 15rwkw having 2 bovs hahaha.

BTW sorry for the hijack

peace

Evil

holy shit, did you read any of the replies?

seems that there are a few people with them that aren't having problems.

a few vs about 5,000,000 that have problems

its pretty straight forward what happens. Your car runs like crap because a atmo BOV is not suited for cars that run a AFM.

Oh, and yeah, my comment about searching still stands, because there is 11 millions threads about this. They even have replies from people that claim to have it working properly!

Edited by The Mafia

yep, aftermarket management will let you run a vent to atmo bov...

stock ecu fuels for re-circ air from stock bov, when no air due to venting to atmo you get that shiz fart/pop from overfueling ie mega rich fuel into hot front + cat = pop, no cat = flames out of exhuast

according to what I have READ !!! ps my nfo is not 100% as i have not done it, i like re-circ due to coppers having an issue with compressed air release coming from something on 4 wheels or its too loud, which ever they choose to use. yes... both are absolute bullshit but meh.... game on

Edited by gts-4 dreamer

yep, aftermarket management will let you run a vent to atmo bov...

stock ecu fuels for re-circ air from stock bov, when no air due to venting to atmo you get that shiz fart/pop from overfueling ie mega rich fuel into hot front + cat = pop, no cat = flames out of exhuast

according to what I have READ !!! ps my nfo is not 100% as i have not done it, i like re-circ due to coppers having an issue with compressed air release coming from something on 4 wheels or its too loud, which ever they choose to use. yes... both are absolute bullshit but meh.... game on

Nope - I'm running a Powerfc and it still does it.

Its not the ECU - Its the AFM that causes the problem.

It measures the air, the ECU puts in fuel to match, and then the BOV leaks it on idle. (because since the Plenum is on vacuum on idle, its enough to pull the BOV open a little bit) and yeah, air leak.

Hence the rough running.

Hey guys just thought I'd add my experience. . . '95 R33, had a Turbosmart vee port on it when I got the car, ran very rich & sluggish on gear changes, stalled on hill starts, rolling up to red lights etc. . . changed for a stock BOV and have not stalled it since ~ 4 months ago.

On the turbosmart website you can find instructions for PROPER adjustment of the BOV, which will help a bit.

Anyone wanna buy a Vee port? :)

Cheers

Jayson