SAU Community

Quicker Auto Shifts

chadr33

Hi all,

I have come across some information that will be an absolute Godsend for those out there with an AUTO r33, I have done this mod myself and can tell you it will definitely quicken up your shifts for $0.

O.K here goes, on the inside front, drivers side, of the engine bay, facing the engine fan are 4 plugs on a bracket.

The TAN coloured plug is the one you want.

Find the red wire on this plug and cut it.

You can put a switch on it if you want,I did, which will allow you to switch your shifts from hard to soft.

Although I am told, its not as fast shifting as the valve body upgrade, the difference is very noticeable, Going around a corner at under half throttle my r33 chirps when it hits second.

Give it a go, it works wonders.

Disclaimer:-Do at your own risk as I am not a mechanic, and don't have any degree I am simply passing on this awesome info (I got from a mechanic) to fellow skyliners, and am void of any responsibility if anything were to go wrong with your car. (It sux how much you got to cover yourself these days)

Edited by chadr33

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

any got an engine bay pic and can put a circle around the plug so i know which one it is ...im intrested to know what it does...

and with harder shifts do you think it will cause any damage to the auto, as the shifts are a lot more harsh ??

EDIT: HERE IS A MY R33 ENGINE BAY PIC (OLD PIC) CAN SOMEONE CIRCLE WHERE I SHOULD BE LOOKING

111.jpg

Edited by mr_crust

The wire you are talking about is listed on the wiring diagram as one of the feedback for the Auto to tell the Ecu when it is shifting this would cause a similar problem to using aftermarket Ecu's. No feedback = harsh and erratic shifts as the ecu will not retard the power with out the Auto telling it to do it.

I will definately not be doing this crazy D.I.Y. you can make your own decisions.