SAU Community

N.t's New Maximum Rural Default = 110km/h

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So... what's the use of the NT now? What's it for? ;)

Feeding crocodiles tourists?

Ah dont worry about it not being policed, if they can drag enough money out of the population they'll have extra highway patrols up there in no time.

im a darwin boy, and ima haf to say that shiet is teh ghey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

nah. death tolls for road accidents always been low in the NT. only reason they have done this is obviously for Revenue raising. because most people dont speed excessively.. 120 is average.

similar thing in amsterdam, alot less people there actually smoke pot!..

im a darwin boy, and ima haf to say that shiet is teh ghey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

nah. death tolls for road accidents always been low in the NT. only reason they have done this is obviously for Revenue raising. because most people dont speed excessively.. 120 is average.

similar thing in amsterdam, alot less people there actually smoke pot!..

LoL but man they are ripped on all the other stuff! HAHA!

I was watching this on the 7:30 report last night, NT's drink driving numbers are EIGHT times the national average.

Then they started talking about single passenger vehicle roll overs and talked about people not wearing seat belts and being drunk.

BUT, to combat that.............................................they've reduced the speed limits.

No seat belt + rollover at ANY speed = death

Drunk + ANY speed can = death...

FFS. Speed limits wont stop drunk people speeding!

I was watching this on the 7:30 report last night, NT's drink driving numbers are EIGHT times the national average.

Then they started talking about single passenger vehicle roll overs and talked about people not wearing seat belts and being drunk.

BUT, to combat that.............................................they've reduced the speed limits.

No seat belt + rollover at ANY speed = death

Drunk + ANY speed can = death...

FFS. Speed limits wont stop drunk people speeding!

im not going to say anything racist here, but i wonder whose been doin all this....

a few of my dads mates were all up there for a riding tour, cruisin down whatever strip it was at about 160... when a ute comes flyin past em, with like 5-6 people in the back, then a trailor with about 10 more people in there. lol when they got to the other end, there were supposedly less people than when they started but luckily i dont think any of em could count to 16 :D

Please excuse the rant

Id be a little careful with even suggesting racism. Aboriginal people own skylines as well, and implied racism is just as bad as overt. Im not saying that there werent that many people in a ute and trailer, but suggesting people cant count becuase they are aboriginal is a cr@p.

Why do people with closed minds always open their mouth.

Evil

Edited by EvilINGT

I know. Its brilliant.

If I ever become a surgeon and have to treat a politician for gunshot wounds, I'm going to prescribe him some Panadol and send him on his way.....since that's the same philosophy as their attempts to curb the road toll.

The NT Government are trying to fix what isn't broken.

Deaths are from not wearing seat belts, running red lights and drink driving. How many RBT's have I seen from Jan until now? Two. We have red light cameras that don't work, literally, and the seat belts are a huge issue out in the communities or on rural roads. Single vehicle accidents, usually a roll over on a dirt road from over correcting will take care of those who want to pile 10 people into a landrover.

The majority of our speed related deaths, have been in suburban areas on speed limited roads.

Go figure...

IMO I think the Government are trying to get rid of the Cannonball run or any posibility that it will return. Sure, there are deaths on our open roads, but there are deaths on your 100kph roads too. I agree in saying our road toll is high, but it has nothing to do with the highway.

Edit: Spastic typing

Edited by phee

The NT Government are trying to fix what isn't broken.

Deaths are from not wearing seat belts, running red lights and drink driving. How many RBT's have I seen from Jan until now? Two. We have red light cameras that don't work, literally, and the seat belts are a huge issue out in the communities or on rural roads. Single vehicle accidents, usually a roll over on a dirt road from over correcting will take care of those who want to pile 10 people into a landrover.

The majority of our speed related deaths, have been in suburban areas on speed limited roads.

Go figure...

IMO I think the Government are trying to get rid of the Cannonball run or any posibility that it will return. Sure, there are deaths on our open roads, but there are deaths on your 100kph roads too. I agree in saying our road toll is high, but it has nothing to do with the highway.

Edit: Spastic typing

dude ur spot on!..

i should scan all me photos from the cannonball run :(//