SAU Community

Flashing Engine Light And Slow Speedo

series2r33

I've had my car dyno tuned not to long ago and it was running fine, now im having trouble with running my car at 10 or 14 psi without the engine light flashing. This was happening last night and the speedo was goin up really slowly and the car felt really sluggish for 14 psi. I took it back to the place that tuned it today and he said it sounds like the knock sensor or air flow meter. He's gonna hook all the jazz back up to it some time next week to try to find the exact problem, just wonderin what u guys reckon it is.

Matt

When my engine light would come on and I didn't really notice any performance difference but there well could of been the light would come intimitently because apparently the speed sensor had gone yet my speedo was reading correctly.

A few times the light came on like you said and I didn't notice the performance drop a few times but just lately the car felt like it wanted to go but the revs were going up really slow and the light was on. The guy that tuned my car said that that is a safety feature and it down tunes it to protect the engine. But I just can't understand why it didn't do it when I first got the car tuned and it does now...

He said that it must be that the knock sensor is tuned a little bit too sensitively. That or the air flow metre is playing up.

What blew, turbo or engine?

Its resets when i turn the car off and all the tuned settings go good again. Then when i give it a boot it might screw up or not but when it does is keeps doin it untill i turn the car off.