SAU Community

Loud Ticking And Exhaust Leak From Engine Help!

keong

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone could give me a head's up on what the problem is, before i take the turbo covers etc apart.

Basically exhaust noise from the engine bay is crazy loud also when i accelerate the noise gets louder and a ticking sound can be heard. Tick Tick TICK TICK !!! driving me crazy. I have a r33 s2 , stock turbo. Could it be the manifold/gasket or turbo fault. And yes i dont really know what im talking about ..people just keep on telling me its this and that. Remember a really loud exhaust leak from the engine bay is the problem... and the ticking.. fuel consumption is really bad and also boost is still the same as before (not loosing power).

Thanks Guys.

just do it yourself its fun, make sure you allow for broken studs, i dont think autobarn sell the gaskets unsure, but you can either go down to the local nissan for $105.00 or source the cheaper just as good option for around 60 bucks, goodluck and have fun. mind you probably not best to do it yourself it is pretty hard and lengthy, unless you good to experiment and have time on your hands.

do yourself a favour and change the lot, all the studs, gaskets nuts etc. Wont have to worry about them for another 13 years. And manifold gaskets are well under the $100 mark genuine gasket. $2 each for studs. probably $150 all up in parts. Dont only replace the brocken studs as you will continue to break them when you try to bolt it all back up.

Edited by BezerkR32