SAU Community

Ikeya Formula Squen Shifter

NIZ-26T

i did try one on our car, it broke within ten minutes ( the dog engagement was to harsh for it) snapped the ratcheting pegsoff.

cheers russ

p.s i have been told the ones for evo's, cable shift ones work heaps better , very different in design.

Edited by giant

i did try one on our car, it broke within ten minutes ( the dog engagement was to harsh for it) snapped the ratcheting pegsoff.

which box? i know the ppg ones are not compatitble :P

Edited by URAS

According to Ikeya, it won't work with a dog box.

The Redline/Speedtech VR4 in NZ uses one with a dogbox i think i remember him telling me it was a PPG. He also had a microswitch mounted on it to momentarily cut the ign so he could flat shift it...he said it was an awesome set-up and was the pivotal change that saw him run 9's.

post-23582-1178181081.jpg

which box? i know the ppg ones are not compatitble :)

Yes ours is a ppg box, it may very well have been just dodgy shifter that we recieved but looking at how the pegs were manufactured it didnt look like they would last very long ( i do believe they could be replaced with a billet setup for extra strength)

Yes ours is a ppg box, it may very well have been just dodgy shifter that we recieved but looking at how the pegs were manufactured it didnt look like they would last very long ( i do believe they could be replaced with a billet setup for extra strength)

i asked ppg when we purchased our works box if we could use the Ikeya shifter with it and they said that due to their dog engagement design it would destroy the box or shifter in no time. I am waiting to hear back which dog boxes the d1 boys use with thier ikeya shifters.

Edited by URAS

• 2 months later...

Just purchased one of the new Gen Ikeya sequential shifters and they actually work far smoother than the old Generation ... much less effort is required now to change gears.

Just purchased one of the new Gen Ikeya sequential shifters and they actually work far smoother than the old Generation ... much less effort is required now to change gears.

in ur opinion trent, would one of these shifters add extra strain to the '3rd gear synchro issue' in a gtr box? do u believe theyd help? (by taking away driver error with normal h pattern shifting)

keen to hear ur opinion and response >_<

• 2 years later...

so should i get one for my ppg or not? with the corect ignition cut it shouldnt have any problems?

and i see on there website they make a dog engagment 71c 5 speed and use there shifter on it.