SAU Community

Finally My Car Is Out Of Its Stable

ydawak

Hi All,

YEAH!!!!! the only hurdle that is left for my car is my driveway. It has been sitting at the shop for weeks waiting for my turbo to be fixed.

I got my factory series 1 turbo high flowed. It was sent to GCG and gat all new internals, with housings machined. They DIDN'T high flow the wastegate, so therefore i had something i like to call boost sprint. (there was nothing creeping about it) it went....... BBBBRRRRRR 2psi,3psi,5psi,hold,hold,hold,10psi,15psi,25psi plafff, fart spit, fart, (insert swearword here) backoff. (all in about 3 seconds. hhhmmmm. I looked at it with some firends and the actuator arm was moving fully, however coz the wastegate was too small it didnt let the pressure out.

I rang GCG and they said, to my ammusement, oh that only happens one in ten so we dont worry about highflowing the wastegate. (let me repeat, "....one in ten....") i dont care what you say, that is a sh!t load. 10%. If it was maybe on in 1000 i could understand but one in ten, come on...

So the turbo had to be taken off and i sent it away. They sent it back saying that they had tested it and that there was no prob. it holds 10psi. hhhhhhmmmmm that was weird, anyway maybe nissan (who put the turbo on for me) may have moved something when putting it all together.

So it went back on and then the same thing was happening. Bugger, i thought. I rang them up and complained and said that they didnt do it right. (i might just add here that i didnt do any work myself, it was all done by paid ppl.

So it went back and they adjusted the actuator arm and now it is great. there is a dead spot that i have between 4500 and 6000, (dont know what will fix that) but then it pulls like a steam train from 6-7k. I have an auto and when it changes gear it seems to hit the rev limiter every gear change (when it is flat to the floor) but I thought that coz its an auto it shouldnt be doing that. It sould be the fuel pump not being able to supply fuly or somehting like that. The sound seems to be coming from the back of the car, but i cant be sure. Stuff echos around in cars.

* Edited due to activities mentioned GMB

Anyway I just wanted to share my story with everyone :)

Hi to anyone who knows me and Hello to all who dont.

\

Ben

congrats on it being back on da road and good stuff on beeting the 34 gtt. lol i luved the it went....... BBBBRRRRRR 2psi,3psi,5psi,hold,hold,hold,10psi,15psi,25psi plafff, fart spit, fart, (insert swearword here) backoff. (all in about 3 seconds) expressions made me luagh like a mofo...

yep he sure is, hence the 400m deep pit hole the car falls into between 4000rpm-6000rpm.

BUT hes is looking at a Wolf setup. So somone buy his body kit so he can get it.

Hay benny, hope you don't mind me replying 4 U.

yep he sure is, hence the 400m deep pit hole the car falls into between 4000rpm-6000rpm.

BUT hes is looking at a Wolf setup. So somone buy his body kit so he can get it.

Hay benny, hope you don't mind me replying 4 U.

thanks wog,

Yeah i am using the factory comp for the moment. money is a little tight at the moment..... nothing goes quick other than petrol.

I hope to get a V4 wolf and send it to the factory for an upgrade. Then we will see about fixing the flatspot and some fuel issues and some other stuff. I am sure my fuel issues have a lot to do with the larger turbo and the fact the factory ecu cant handle everything its getting. so when i get a new comp o will also get a bosch or walbarogh(???) dont know about spelling, fule pump. and then we will se what happens. I will dyno run it and post the results......

It wil still be a while though

Nice work, I look forward to seeing how it reacts with an ECU upgrade!

Absolute pain about the turbo though, knowing how it would go for me you had to pay for the labour AND postage to get it fixed after they accepted responcibility for the issue.

I am glad it is going well, and to r34gtx, I am sure when he says 'raced' he means gave it a squirt against and she pulled passed. We all know what it is like to have a raz and also know that it can be perfectly safe givin the situation and conditions! I am sure Ben would not have done anything to put his family in danger so get off your box!

Nice work, I look forward to seeing how it reacts with an ECU upgrade!

Absolute pain about the turbo though, knowing how it would go for me you had to pay for the labour AND postage to get it fixed after they accepted responcibility for the issue.

I am glad it is going well, and to r34gtx, I am sure when he says 'raced' he means gave it a squirt against and she pulled passed. We all know what it is like to have a raz and also know that it can be perfectly safe givin the situation and conditions! I am sure Ben would not have done anything to put his family in danger so get off your box!

Well thank you very much Catkicker, and as u said, we all know what it is like. Not all of us can afford to get a cams license and buy a race car and race in the octagon series or at symmons. Therefore it is hard to have a bit of fun from time to time, and i think (sometimes and then it hurts) that noone buys a performance car for putting around in.

Anyway i dont want to russle any fearthers and just really wanted to share my happiness of getting the car back on the road. I understand, and in hindsight agree that i should not have done it with the family in the dar, however i would like to think that i am responisble enough to no do anything to stupid especially with that sort of responisbility in the car. ( conditions were, daytime, dry, straight 2lane hwy, no other cars about.)

Ben

I'd get some aftermarket management going on asap. You could be causing problems for your engine when its running like that. Congrats on getting it out there again though. I'd love to get some more power going on but with a wedding coming up I'm saving flat out for that :S

Cheers

I'd get some aftermarket management going on asap. You could be causing problems for your engine when its running like that. Congrats on getting it out there again though. I'd love to get some more power going on but with a wedding coming up I'm saving flat out for that :S

Cheers

Yeah i know about the aftermarket ecu... money is the main thing. And i do not drive the car that much at the moment. I can pool to work and drive it on the weekends. I know what it is like with a wedding... bin there done that. Did as much as we could ourselves

Thanks

If anyone knows where there is a wolf for sale let me know and i will see what i can afford

tried a wolf ECU on my R33........NOT WASTE TOUR TIME OR MONEY!...... very average ECU Had chris colgrave TRY and fit one on my R33 GTST and is was nothing but trouble. for a plug and play ecu it needed a to modify the chopper wheel or trigger swutch something like that ( as 1 out of 10 skylines might need to do this upgrade........they tell us this after it was purchesed from wolf)

to cut a long story short , they couldn't tune the bloody thing and I was $700 out of pocket :thumbsup: for fitting tuning and modifing the extra bits on the car from standard and back again, I ending up sending the ECU back and getting a refund.

WOLF ECU Suck! :spank::P:P cheap but crap!

get a Haltech or Altronic ecu.

just my experince with this ECU!!!

Have a Altronic now!

tried a wolf ECU on my R33........NOT WASTE TOUR TIME OR MONEY!...... very average ECU Had chris colgrave TRY and fit one on my R33 GTST and is was nothing but trouble. for a plug and play ecu it needed a to modify the chopper wheel or trigger swutch something like that ( as 1 out of 10 skylines might need to do this upgrade........they tell us this after it was purchesed from wolf)

to cut a long story short , they couldn't tune the bloody thing and I was $700 out of pocket :thumbsup: for fitting tuning and modifing the extra bits on the car from standard and back again, I ending up sending the ECU back and getting a refund.

WOLF ECU Suck! :spank::P:P cheap but crap!

get a Haltech or Altronic ecu.

just my experince with this ECU!!!

Have a Altronic now!

Thanks for the tip. I will keep it in mind. The only problem that i have with those comps is that i have an auto so therefore i cant get a haltech,mircotech,altronic. I can get a wolf and a motec. motec is too expensive but i would love to have one of them. So that is where i am at. I was gonna get it tuned at White racing in devonport, they have done a bit with skylines, but i am always on the lookout for stuff.

So if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know

Thanks

ben

I'm sorry, but he did say "raced"....... what are we supposed to think? As for being on my box, I would never for a moment consider putting my foot down, even for a squirt with my family in the car. To think that nothing could go wrong is simply stupid and naive. There is a time and place for "racing", and that is at a track, not on a public road with the family in the car!!!!

This is my opinion, take it or leave it. :thumbsup:

Hay people, don't turn this into a flame war, come on.

I know what Beny drives like, hell we basicaly taught eachother how to.

He has a family just like me, and yes we propably do stupid things form time to time, but putting your foot down, on a higway, and not speeding, is hardly daingerous driving.

He would never do anythign to put his family at risk, so come on people, don't turn this into something it is not.

• 2 weeks later...

i was just reading about your turbo and the exact same thing happened to me. I took my turbo to a place in launnie and they had my car for around 3 weeks and then got it back, same thing was going on, took it to a different mechanic and had to ssend the turbo off to have the wastegate bored out....not so common hey!?!?! bullshit!!