SAU Community

R33 Gtr Air Con Doesnt Work?

JUN R33

depends what is wrong, im going throug this atm in my 32 gtr.

if gas is gone then there is obviostly a leak, could be any o ring from very easy to fix, to more difficult to o rings in the compressor. Even the evaporator inside the cabin could be leaking.

Best thing to do is get it gasses up and check that it works, make sure they put in heaps of die. This is so you know everything is in working order or not, and if it leaks the dye will shop up where it is.

If it leaks again then they will use a UV light to find the leak, then you can go from there.

Thanks for your advice...I'm basically buying the car at a reduced price because of the air con problem and I'm hoping its not going to cost me more then the $1k 'saving'...

Are there any new parts required or can any old yellow pages air con guy fix this problem?

Gas and dye is generic obviostly, if seals are gone they are pretty standard. There is a thing called reciver dryer, its like a filter for the gas, dont replace this straight away because if it leaks again, you will have to replace it again, as it should be replaced when ever gas has been lost (there for air and moisture is inside the system)

so regas should be around 100, reciver dryer is about 80 (there are different styles but in 99% sure you dont have to use genuine nissan) then rebuilding compressor i dont know i havent come to that yet, but i would imagine you should come well under $1000.

Edited by GTR1993

As you may have read im currently rebuilding my GTR at the moment ground up and one of the things i recently replaced was the receiver dryer. I found that an aftermarket nippon receiver dryer was only $25 and fitted up fine. i will most likely look at servicing/rebuilding the compressor at some stage i've been told new ones are worth around 900-1000 but a rebuild/service may only be 300

Forgot to add that it could be the TX valve. They are $50 to replace with an aftermarket item (i also did this). So just to guid you to how much these items cost. The Nissan genuine item was $146+ for the TX valve

Edited by Godzilla32

A TX valve changes the liquid to gas, this sucks the heat out of the atmosphere and gives the AirCon that cold feeling.

I would like my A/C licence but new laws prevent me from getting one.

Cheers

Sumo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...