SAU Community

Which Cai Air Box Is Better?

steveo_r33

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my box will look very similar to the one wogsrus posted, accept a little bit different at the back, and my afm is going to bolt to the box, and just have the adapter bolted on the inside of the box.

i think having the afm mounted to the box is a good idea since it is hard mounted in stock form, and so it doesn't rattle around and get damaged.

Has anyone gutted a standard airbox to put their pod filter in? I picked one up cheap but am of two minds as to whether I gut i for the pod filter or put a panel filter in it..

thought about it.. but theres no chance one will fit in there ....you could hang it out the bottom just to hide it from cops but it would b pretty crapp.

the template is easy to make. just get some thick carboard, a pen and either scissors or a knife and just keep trimming untill you get the desired shape. take about 5 mins. i think the template is just a touch bigger than an A4 bit of paper, otherwise i would scan it so people could print it.

i think i still have the plans for that design listed above from another member a long time ago, and its actually not to bad.

Im currently redesigning my new airbox, as my other design works really well with stock cooler piping ,but with an aftermarket cooler and i can no longer use the snorkal.

My new one will still consist of 3 side walls and a lid that screws on and off for easy access to the pod, and it will have a direct feed from the front bar to the exisiting hole under the pod where the old cooler use to sit.

The inside of the air box will either be from firewall foam, or i've been to clark rubber and they sell a foam/rubber insulation, so i will be testing all this out in the coming weeks and will post my results

on a side note i've also started to remade a coil pack cover with my number plate letters cut out and meshed out and put LED's under it to :huh:

on a side note i've also started to remade a coil pack cover with my number plate letters cut out and meshed out and put LED's under it to

RICER!!!! hehehe

i just had a thought (i know, i'm scared too). i think i might use clips to hold the lid on. the same sort of clips as what are used on bonnets. that way it is easier to get to the box.

were all counting on you now!

lol hope you make it b4 febuary!

license back in febuary! need an airbox so i dont get defected (again)

i think i still have the plans for that design listed above from another member a long time ago, and its actually not to bad.

Im currently redesigning my new airbox, as my other design works really well with stock cooler piping ,but with an aftermarket cooler and i can no longer use the snorkal.

My new one will still consist of 3 side walls and a lid that screws on and off for easy access to the pod, and it will have a direct feed from the front bar to the exisiting hole under the pod where the old cooler use to sit.

The inside of the air box will either be from firewall foam, or i've been to clark rubber and they sell a foam/rubber insulation, so i will be testing all this out in the coming weeks and will post my results

on a side note i've also started to remade a coil pack cover with my number plate letters cut out and meshed out and put LED's under it to :ninja:

well maybe this sunday i will try and build a new one :D

sounds like a great way to spend a sunday... hey you use g max rims right.? i lookin round for the website or ppl who sell em..

cant find squat..

havent picked up the fone yet tho.... :)