SAU Community

Drifting`

FLYR33

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-_- @ ns.com

Actually i sort of wanted to know the same basic thing, but i was leaning towards skid pans and such. A mate of mine has absolutely no idea on car control, and i would love to head to one, one day, learn some stuff myself

Hi guys

We ran a drift training day earlier this year, and are trying to do something similar next year. So stay tuned.

There are a number of groups who offer open drift 'practice' days too.

For general info - check out:

http://www.driftaustralia.com.au/

http://www.driftzone.com/

http://www.vicdrift.com/

There are practise days like the one on Wednesday this week that will be at Calder.

They have a section.

Its a bit hard to learn there because there is limited time and space.

You will find that most People who do so Have learnt on the street, which is very unsafe and not worth it.

Think about drifting before you get into it, do you want to do it full on, or you just want to give it a shot. If you just wanna give it a shot I reccomend its not worth it.

An incorrectly setup car can make it very hard and very very dangerous to drift, drifting is an expensive sport and it certainly makes it hard on the track if you dont have a well setup car. Lots of people can claim to drift, but going sideways is not the same as properly drifting like high speed entrys, clipping points, weight transfer etc.

If your passionate about it go for it!!! Ill be there at Calder this Wednesday and Winton next month.

Go put the hardest smallest width and profile tyres you can fit on the rear of your car and go have some fun. I've done it a few times and I think you'll find most of the people knocking it have never tried it or can't do it. The first time was fun on hard tyres but with the second time there with sem'i the car gripped to much after the first run.

Circuit is more fun for me but as you say you just want to learn car control drift is slower and therefore your less likely to hit something.

Go give it a go. If you just want to go for a thrash Calder isn't to bad. Apart from a few guys everybody there are just hacks.

Just don't drift under the bridge. Good luck with it.

Yeah it seems to be the "cool" thing to pay out nissansilvia.. god knows why cause the interests of both are really very similiar.. Regarding drift there _are_ a lot of VERY experience drifters on NS.com but it's not a place for learning where to drift :S. Prolly best off going to a skid pan day (Which I know NS organise frequently in victoria) if you're brave you can take ya car to calder too :happy:.

Actually going the smallest width and profile tyres is incredibly dangerous for a learning or experienced drifters.

Every Day, yes day, we see guys crash due to running skinny tyres on stock rims. You need grip to drift and small tyres dont provide that.

Lots of you bag out NS.com for no reason. You guys like race days and DECAS and they love drifting.

Funny most of the guys that do bag out NS have never been on the track. They think just because they did a DECA that they are track veterans because they are affiliated with SAU. When many NS members have attended both Calder and Winton and many skidpan days.

Sorry for sounding NOOBY like.

but where can you learn 2 drift in VIC,

how can you start of,

some basic instructions?

cheers

ez :)

if you wannabe an expert, then go to japan.. dont waste your time practicing here :happy:

lol the amount of retards on ns.com that go drifting in their owns streets is incredible...

almost every silvia owner thinks they are in the d1 everytime they go out onto the streets, im sure everyone see's that.

vicdrift is there for a reason, albeit expensive, its still there for this sort of thing to take place

You are really misinformed and have made a huge generalisation.

I hardly ever see many silvias drifting on the street. Most of them are well behaved and drive properly.

On the other hand, every time I see a R32 or R33 they drive like total tools at double the speed limit and try showing off. Every time no doubts about it. In traffic where theres danger to others.

now you are both making generalisations. the biggest factor that differentiates the two sites is age. and that is simply because of the cost factor. generally speaking tha people's cars on ns are cheaper than those here.

Dont get me wrong, there are some big expensive cars there but they are far and few between.

You are really misinformed and have made a huge generalisation.

I hardly ever see many silvias drifting on the street. Most of them are well behaved and drive properly.

On the other hand, every time I see a R32 or R33 they drive like total tools at double the speed limit and try showing off. Every time no doubts about it. In traffic where theres danger to others.

yer bro im alwayz dosin down mah street in mah R32 dawg! itz lyk hektic when i rip da skidz past da popo n past da sk00l crossin wid kidz n shit y0!

Could you explain to me Starionturbo how drifting with tyres that have little grip at slow speeds causes you to crash. Are you sure the drivers aren't try hard kids in thier auto's N/A's in industrial estates. I know there are a lot of them out there. I've met a lot of them selling parts.

From all of my driving experience it is a lot easier to get a car sideways at low speeds and hold it with hard smaller tyres and low profile.

Are you saying that you could drift better with 275mm wide semi comps compared to stretched 195mm wide hard old tyres in a r33 pressumably stockish r33.

Also if you need good rubber why do the drifters stretch 235mm tyres over 10inch rims and why do they sit the tyres on the roofs of buildings to let the go hard?

Only the good guys use good tyres with grip in high powered cars. Not learners! Good tyres snap back on decelleration to harsly for a learner.

It just seems that most drifters are talkers and seem to think thier D1 drivers.

We have some really good genuinely capable drifters in our club and this is only my opinion of other people I've met.

Your thoughts please....