SAU Community

prices for r32 mods

hey i just wanted to know the prices of a few things, as my birthday is comming up and want to mod my 32 a bit.

> price of a 4wd dyno tune

> getting it lowered 1.5 inch

>rolling the guards, as im am preety sure they will scrape.. the back wheels are 255 and they seem to stick out a bit.

>price of 3inch exhust from turbo back.

you can see some pics of what it looks like here.

also how much would i get for my wheels. they are 17's with a few scratches (not by me).

and how much for the rear wing. i dont know what type it is.

Thanks...

Guest Boxhead

yeh come on aybee, i know somepeople that wont need to be paid to take that thing off... that aside, can i have the wheels,

and those both aside, i would say depending on who you go to, the dyno time shoudl cost about $100 or more..

lowering it is a bit tricky to price, because you can just get some lowered springs for like $250ish a set, or you can get a set of second hand height adjustable suspension for $800 upwards...

the exhuast is also the same, you can go a 2nd hand jap unit, or a local new one, cat back should be $1000-1500 , plus front pipe and dump pipe( maybe get one form batbml, look in for sale section) and a highflow cat...

and im not sure about the rolling of the gaurds

Originally posted by GILTY

1) Sorry but in my opinion that wing has to go, go nude...

2) Your steering wheel is probably peeling like mine, but that wheel cover is not the answer (SORRY)

Yeh thats y i want it off... im not a fan of rice at all. what i have in mind for it will look realy nice. how it looks now is how it looked 5 weeks ago when i bought it.

the wheel cover is not on there anymore... ide rather put up with bits of the leather sticking to my hands.

I have exactly the same problem with my Steering Wheel, Apparently we can get them recovered for about $50 at any Auto-Retrimmer.

It is a pain in the ass to change the steering wheel because of the HICAS sensor, therefore retrimming the factory wheel is the best option. (And it is a pretty good wheel anyway)

I like your style, and for a stop-gap measure, just take the offending wing off and plug up the holes with wine red electrical tape. My boot still has white tape over the 4 holes, I just never seem to get around to getting them fixed. Have clutch to fix next weekend, and that is about 1K, so holes have to wait again!

Ive also got the problem with my steering wheel. Good to know someone can retrim it cheaply. I love the standard wheel.

I did have electrical tape on my boot due to my wing breaking but ive managed to fix the wing (the studs on one side were rusted through). It involved drilling two 12mm holes in the fibre glass and putting new bolts in, everything we tried just wouldnt work. This was the only realiable way. So now instead of having holes in the boot, ive got holes in the wing :D *sigh*

Of course I dont have the standard GTST wing (which sucks)... my car is fitted with a full GTR kit. Lovely jubbly.

Red17

i got a quote from a guy about taking the rear wing off..... $350! that to get the holes filled in and repainted tho.... still expensive. The wing has actually been glued down with poly urithane.

ne1 know a place that does good work that could take it off 4 me?... for a good price.

Guest Boxhead

you could prolly take it off yourself, and take it down to panel beaters for pluging and respraying...

but diff mobs want to sometimes either just spray the boot lid,

or spray the bootlid and a bit of teh car, so it will fade in all together

come on guys, i was only kidding.

there was some useful advice cryptically hidden in there somewhere. It seems youve got the right idea though.

im going to have tape over the holes in my boot soon, its all good, chicks dig it!