SAU Community

Small Budget

im on a budget of about 2k ive just thown a t04 turbo aftermarket manifold and a 38mm wastegate on my rb20 i also have a 600x300x80mm font mount on the car im a drifter i was woundering wot is the best way to go next should i get an aftermarket computer or will the sstandard 1 be fine should i get a bigger fuel pump or injectors

Edited by drftnfrysi

• 2 weeks later...

i'd say with that turbo you'll need injectors and fuel pump to be able to run any real amount of boost. i also assume you have a hiflowing exhaust system?

therefore you will need some form of aftermarket management and a tune. whether it is as crude as a SAFC through to a remap or a full aftermarket system (depending on your budget).

you say you are a drifter. more power helps but a clutch, agood lsd and suspension setup (as extreme as you want to go) will make it easier to drift and give you greater control

obviously it all depends on your budget. just keep your eye out on here for bargains on the parts you need

suspension you'll need for sure and tyres...lots of tyres!

even if you do get the pump and injectors the car will run like shit it want be able to control the injectors i dont think get a emange or something there cheap or dr drift re-map!

pod filter and box + cai or high flowing panel filter

3in exhaust, high flow cat

fmic and piping

you already have turbo so you will need

fuel pump, injectors, ecu/tune

boost control method... ebc or otherwise

z32 afm... maybe

clutch

spend money on handling/braking to make it managable (and more fun imo) to drive unless you want to drag (:thumbsdown)

mentioned above is probably more than two grand. the fact that you have chosen a large turbo means you'll require the extra fuel system items to make used of the turbo.

only tip is to do what you can yourself to assist the budget and yer keep an eye out for deals on the forums

• 3 weeks later...

just wondering how you have a massive AFM with no tuned ecu.

i would be looking at pump ecu remap, solid bushes as the standard ones will be shagged out, mechanical lsd, oil cooler, strut braces, sway bars.

i'd say with that turbo you'll need injectors and fuel pump to be able to run any real amount of boost. i also assume you have a hiflowing exhaust system?

therefore you will need some form of aftermarket management and a tune. whether it is as crude as a SAFC through to a remap or a full aftermarket system (depending on your budget).

you say you are a drifter. more power helps but a clutch, agood lsd and suspension setup (as extreme as you want to go) will make it easier to drift and give you greater control

obviously it all depends on your budget. just keep your eye out on here for bargains on the parts you need

Stole the words right out of my mouth :dry:

More Power = MORE AIR + MORE FUEL

If one of these is missing in the equation = DETONATION

Id also use an oil cooler and surge tank to be safe...that is of course

you want to drift safely... :O

Edited by Nabil

to start with i already run coilovers and a 550hp heavy duty cluch i have a 3inch exaust turbo back got a pod and a massive afm and already got a boost controller

You have a stock AFM

as, if you have a stock ECU, then you wont be running a "Massive" AFM.