SAU Community

Importing GTR's with new Laws

Thanks for your reply, but I've tried them, prizes are really high on GTR's. I'd want to get rid of my car also but they offer me ridiculous amounts of money...

There have been some guys advertising 1995 R33 GTR's for approx $35,000. One guy says he has a 97 R33 GTR for $36,000! He said that new laws haven't had an effect on car prices. Dealers say GTR's now cost more due to comlienc, they advertise the same car for $56,000, i.e. $20,000 profit. Are there any private importers who can sell an r33 GTR for $35,000?

NRVOUS that is true, but ive had a look at what a lot of places are asking for GTRs on paramatta rd, and the prices ARE ridiculous! If its a case of you get what you pay for, then it the car should come with a years worth of free petrol! Places like E&M Unique Imports on Para rd, the quality IS excellent, but i still dont think its worth what they want.

SilvaR33, my advice is just keep flicking through Unique Cars magazine. There are always heaps of GTRs in there, from cheap to expensive, so go look at some and take your pic.

Try Alex at Performance Imports.

His mobile # is 0422 885 387.

He will charge you a set fee for his services, then import the car of your choice. He takes away the hassle of paperwork, headaches etc.

It might take a while for all importers and Govt to decide on the new import laws, so be patient.

good luck

agree on the import yards, they are crap. Good cars are over priced, cheaper cars are dodgy. Never gone through one, but have had similar car yard warrantees before. You think your covered for certain repairs but read the fine print and find your not!

I still like the idea of buying private, mainly coz you can get a good look and inspection of the car before you buy it! Theres so many GTRs around, shouldnt be too hard to find a good one at the right price.

Import yards are too expensive and rarely have good cars, decent ones are too too expensive, others are usually accident damaged. My first Skyline came from a import yard and was Salt Water damaged....Got my money back after a lot of hassle...I've seen alot of GTR's at panel shops who are preparing them for dealers to make their $20,000 profit...The new laws are supposed to stop these accident damaged cars...

fatz, give me more info on your r32...don't know if I wanna an r32 or r33 GTR...

Akira, I know Alex, I can always try him...