SAU Community

Central Locking Won't Work ?

pablo101

After owning my r32 for nearly 2 years, my central locking has gone weird. I can open the doors with the click of a button (literally) but when I go to lock them again it just makes the one beep sound but doesn't lock any door at all.

What is going on? Can someone help me?

Also if you know anybody in Melbourne that installs alarms etc. or can fix my problem please PM me their details or post here.

Edited by pablo101

If its a cheap nasty after market alarm system u got. its usually a piece of metal sliding up and down on the arms that lock the doors. pull the door trims off and have a look, whilst clicking ur button. u should see the problem.

I recently just tightened up mine a few days ago.

as above , pull of the drivers door trim and sit in the car and lock it and see what happens..sounds like the thing isnt tight enought to pull it back to the closed position or the actuator in the door is stuffed..(around $15 to replace it)

as above , pull of the drivers door trim and sit in the car and lock it and see what happens..sounds like the thing isnt tight enought to pull it back to the closed position or the actuator in the door is stuffed..(around $15 to replace it)

I 2nd that idea