SAU Community

Gtr With Stock Turbo's 1/4 Times--be Real.

Ok I'm just curious of the potential of standard turbo's for 1/4 mile racing.

Please list specs of mods WITH STANDARD TURBO'S.

me

- trust airfilters

-14psi

standard everything else

confirmed at benaraby raceway dragstrip

awaiting new run with dumps and exhaust and front pipes.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SXU29T

i have a friend at work who did 12.1s in his r33 vspec 16psi full exu+air filters hks clucht, his also sellin it? any 1 interested?

R33 GTR ('95) with:

- Apexi filters

- HKS front pipe

- 3'' high flow cat

- Dual N1 Apexi cat back exhaust

- 13 psi

- adj. cam gears

- standard clutch (slipping on 3rd and 4th run)

12.391 @ 107mph - Calder Park

Now have Nismo twin plate clutch, interesting to see difference

Guest Boxhead

400hp, you need dump and front pipes, they should help a bit...

all this talk of stock turbos for 12 sec quarters, i might have to try and win lotto and get myself a gtr

GAWD I CANNT WAIT!!!

I've already got :

HKS cat back exhaust

HKS Pods

Removed boost restrictor

Very soon I'm getting :

Power FC

Adjustable Cam gears

Inevitably at the same time I'm told a twin plate will need to replace the clutch that will turn to mash after I drive out of the tuners.

HIRISK/Shaun from melb, who I think is registered on these forums, ran an 11.57 with std turbos in his 32 gtr.

There was a feature article on fullboost.com.au about his car.

HIRISK/Shaun from melb, who I think is registered on these forums, ran an 11.57 with std turbos in his 32 gtr.

Wow that is amazing. No doubt he must have taken the car to the maximum limits of the stock turbos. And obviously his car must have been tuned well.

R33 GTR

HKS super Drager exhaust

HKS front pipe

HKS super power flow air filters

Apexi power fc (not tuned yet running very rich and pining very badly above 6000rpm far from ideal!)

13 psi boost

button clutch

huge custom intercooler 600x300x115 (not really needed at this power level)

Done on the worst dragstrip in australia

12.63@110mph

60ft 1.847

Personally, I ran 12.74 on stock turbos at 1 bar, air filters and Apexi GT Spec cat back exhaust and 4" Trust Drag IC. I suspect my slow time was due to running crap tyres and breaking traction all the way through 1st and second with a massive 208 Kw @ the wheels and a 60' of 2.3.

HIRISK, a regular on SAU ran 11.57 on stock GTR turbos earlier last year. Although he had other minor mods, the stock turbos held up fine.

Check out the article at http://www.fullboost.com.au/cars/featureca...tr32_shaun.html

Emre has also run 11 second runs on stock turbos with minor mods.

My 60' time was 1.850

Launched at 6500 rpm (standard clutch at the time, boy did it cop a beating that night, twin plate went in the following week coz of excessive slippage)

Running on 265/35/18 Bridgestone G'Grids

215 rwkws

Getting into 11's is not very hard and costly with GTR's... You need about 250kw at the wheels and 115mph.

I got 250kw with exhaust, cam gears and boost, everything else was stock.

Launches are very important but not tyre dependant to a great degree. I managed 1.77 and 1.73 sec. 60 foot times with Ziex's and 1.72 with Bridgestone 540's.

Theoretically yes, definitely.

You need to get the 1.7sec 60 foot and 115mph to do it in a GTR, with the same power but less weight GTS-T you should get more mph and be able to do it with a 1.8 60 footer. The trick is to nail that 60 foot and follow it with a very good run. Although i don't flat change you still have to be fairly aggressive with your gear changes. Considering we judge our cars' performance within that 0.1 of a sec. you gotta realize how clean you run has to be. Slow or missed gearchanges, loosing traction into 2nd or 3rd,hitting the rev limiter briefly will all cost you that 0.1 sec. or more that may be all the difference.

For comparison, i also did 12.1 @ 115 mph with 1.89 60 foot and 12.3 @ 115 mph with 2.05 60 foot.