SAU Community

Gtr With Stock Turbo's 1/4 Times--be Real.

Congratulations dude, that's an awesome effort for stock turbos and stock ecu!!!

Yeah happy in a way but also pissed off, you don't know how annoying it is to run 6 12.04 sec passes in a row....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn!!! Just got back from calder, 12.00 @114mph......

I want that 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, stock turbos running 1.1 bar, stock ecu.....

Damn good effort.

Im running stock turbs @ 1 bar

Retuned Nissan ECU

HKS cat back and pods

best of 12.54 @110mph..... 248rwKw

by exactlly how much would front pipes and dumps help terminal speed?

Damn good effort.

Im running stock turbs @ 1 bar

Retuned Nissan ECU

HKS cat back and pods

best of 12.54 @110mph..... 248rwKw

by exactlly how much would front pipes and dumps help terminal speed?

Pawley, got standard dump pipes, but HKS front pipe, I would assume front pipes would make a noticeable difference, may push your terminal speed to about 114mph???

Don't quote me on that though.....

JagR33 - nice i guess we are in the same boat - both want a quater starting with the number 11 - both running pretty much the same power :P

i need to get down to calder soon - maybe we can meet up and exchange tips/ideas on how to get that 11 :P

Yeah sure, I know Dean very well and know the car you bought from him, that's how I know they're very identical....

Gotta love the 'Ben Special Tune'.......

When your ready to race at calder just PM me, we'll meet somewhere.....

Okay lads, I'm just concluding a new DVD being released through the same outlets as High Octane, and HPI in May called 'Car Crazy', and in it is a feature story about drag racing, including a story about tuning a near stock GTR to run in the 11s. In the first part of the story the car consistantly runs in the low 12s with 220 - 230kW at all four wheels as measured on C&Vs dyno. The 60ft times were between 1.7 and 1.8 seconds. At this stage the mods included:

HKS dump pipes and full exhaust

HKS cam gears

Japanese ECU (non-tunable)

HKS pod filters

1-bar of boost

Nismo twin plate clutch

From here the car is being tweaked to achieve a high 11 second pass while retaining the stock turbos, fuel system and engine. I'll be using unleaded ANDRA approved 105 octane fuel, higher boost pressure, a different (albeit cheap) ECU upgrade, suspension tuning, and a mild wieght reduction (spare wheel/jack, stereo system).

Should be running the 11 second configuration during a private filming session at WSID next week.

My friend ran 11.4 at 121mph, on 1.2 bar, advanced timing ,extra injector triggered by a hobb's switch and a cheap water injection setup. I then got him some R34 turbo's and it went 11.3 at 124mph!, power?, never seen a dyno! It's an early R32GTR., Back in the early day's when Munro and Willalll were only running low 11's with big dollar setup's.

Well doen Jack, so damn close to that 11sec pass.

You gotta nail those 60 footers in the 1.7s mate. :)

Thanx Emre, you probably know how it feels, been there before haven't ya?

Yeah my 60 ft times have been around the 1.85s, but that's with 265/35/18 hankooks, might have to get the original 17s with sticky rubber and I'll be in the 11s for sure....

What am I doing wrong...

I have 240 kw at all 4 and get a reaction time of 0.46 and a 60 ft of 1.7 (average) and a terminal speed of 108mph (average) my best to date is 12.365 but average about 12.50...by the way I tried my hand at a bracket meet last night and won $100 and a trophy...

so why are you all faster...i also have steel wheels and 1.3 bar

ricknismo, your 60ft times are superb, but looks like your midrange is suffering....

108mph is definetly not good for a flat 12, considering I'm getting 114mph....

With steel wheels usually u get more lag, so maybe that's your problem???

Don't quote me on that though.....

You got a decent clutch???

Yes Jack, i've been there before, but was able to get the 11 on my 3rd and 5th run. :kick:

Posted by nicknismo

What am I doing wrong...

I have 240 kw at all 4 and get a reaction time of 0.46 and a 60 ft of 1.7 (average) and a terminal speed of 108mph (average) my best to date is 12.365 but average about 12.50

It doesn't work out with the averages mate. What is your best 2-3 mph so far...?

If you are not pulling 114mph, you only have a dyno printout of 240kw.