SAU Community

Hey Guys From Sunshine Coast

Shayde

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just an update. We're now in Goondiwindi and arrived at about 7.30pm. We left scorching hot Sunshine Coast at 2.00pm to arrive at an overcast and damp Goondiwindi.

It's a surprisingly nice place and we were greeted by an overzealous Commodore who decided to hoon passed us while we were parked and yell out something stupid.

So far so good. When I get back I'll upload a picture of my car wearing a makeshift car bra made from fly wire cut just to cover the FMIC and some of the bumper :D

Next update should be from Cobar.

Take care guys,

Shayde

We got back to Perth at about 3am last night, Ceduna to Perth in one day, about 20hrs & 2000km's worth, f**k that was a long drive. >_<

4500km's in 3 1/2 days, eyeballed in every town we passed through, and got our photos taken by a group of young girls screaming "oh my god!" at us in SA :O

I'll upload a few photos later, even got one of a bird shayde owned & got stuck in his front bar before Port Augusta. Bird maiming count was 1-1, but mine hit the windscreen and was down for a probable 10-count, but this was an instant knock out :laugh:

post-17137-1167354004.jpg

I'm not leaving this suburb for a long time.

I have a tyre to replace as well. Was driving 110km/h with a space saver. Had to change the front passenger side tyre because it started to shred in the middle of the 90 mile stretch on the Nullabor. Really slowed things down, but the economy improved dramatically. We ended up going from Norseman to Northam on one full tank. I got exactly 616km to the tank before my fuel light came on and that was literally at Northam. Nathan managed to squeeze in 585km which was a pretty good effort.

I got home at 2.20am and we left Ceduna in SA at 7am (+1hr30mins to Perth) which means we were driving for almost 21 hours straight.

A lot of dead ones!

On the first 2 days we had some close calls, but after that it was fine, we saw none. Well, on the last drive across SA, the Nullabor and from Norseman to home we saw one in Chidlow, just outside of Perth.. Of all the places to see a kangaroo. :P He looked keen to jump too.

I only copped one hit from a stone the entire way. For the record, Windex is the best thing at getting bugs off your bumper in a hurry. I chucked some fly wire in front of our intercoolers so we wouldn't be picking bugs out of the fins. Did the trick nicely.

Total spent on fuel for me was.. $578.42. Probably less since my receipts don't show all the drinks I bought.

Edit: In the spreadsheet I came up for planning this trip, my estimated fuel expenditure was $583.87. Pretty damn close if I do say so myself.

Yeah, I paid around $1270 to have it trucked over there. I wouldn't do it again though.. Cheaper, but mentally draining. I'm only still sane because Dave installed a CD stacker that held 12 CDs before I bought the car. Legend he is! Poor Nathan only had 3 Chili Pepper CDs to listen to the entire way!