SAU Community

Hey Guys From Sunshine Coast

Shayde

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing wrong at all. I have a few gay friends, my landlords are gay and my mum has lots of gay friends (she's a bit of a fag hag).

And fags only have good dress tips if you're Metrosexual and wear pink shirts with the collar up while sporting a metro-mullet :(

To address a few things..

1. We're not gay. You can even ask my girlfriend who is in Perth waiting for me to get home. :laugh:

2. All alcohol consumption will be done in Perth.

3. The wombat bit me.

1. get some nets to protect ur radiator from clogging since ull be an insect mass murderer.

2. change ur coolant or add a bottle of water wetter(bring some along as well as octane booster)

3. run THICK OIL, maybe 25w-60

4. drink heaps of water (this usually kills hunger and keeps u feeling tired during long drives)

5. redbulls are good but stops for strecthing legs is highly recommended

6. good pair of sunnies

7. sunscreen on arms.

slow down and pull to the side when u see a roadtrain, u DO NOT want a cracked windscreen. (or bring gogles)

enjoys mofos, ill be looking forward to seeing nathan again, he still owes me a ride in his car.

:(

I wouldn't be pulling over every time I see a truck. You'd be stopping every 30mins or so (and rocks don't stick to the road lol).. not to mention the dangers of being on the side of the road while a road train cruises up your rear :(

Nathan I'll try find the site that was written by a couple of guys on a surfing trip from the East to the West.. its a good read.. and it gives a few good tips.

Thanks for the advice so far guys.

I've already thought of most of it so far.

I'm looking in to those car bra thingys. I'd like to best protect the paint job and intercooler as best I can. The last thing I want to have to worry about is that sort of crap when I get home.

As for octane booster, hopefully that won't be necessary. I've planned the trip according to where BP Ultimate is available so we'll be dishing out a few extra dollars to make sure we have 2 spare tanks worth with us to make sure we get across the Nullabor without having to use dodgey fuel. It also turns out that it's along the shortest route anyway.

Both cars have just been serviced (well, both motors have just been rebuilt and coincidently finished at the same time) and had oil replaced so that shouldn't be an issue until we get home.

As for fluids (both human and car consumables) yeah, that's a must. Already on the list.

I'll be checking condition of hoses and stuff as well and the wear of a few other bits and pieces to.

If you can think of anything else, it'd be much appreciated. :( Cheers guys.

-Shayde

And as for driving tips, as already mentioned above, monitor engine temps, carry extra fuel/octane booster just in case, drink plenty of water, go at your own pace and give yourself rest stops.

Also, load up the stereo with plenty of good music cause you'll have hours and hours to kill!

P.S. You drive safely too Ossie!

Thanks for the offer, Dave! I'll be sure to catch up with ya when I return. I'll give the car a bit of a once over once she's home safe. She's going straight for a service once she gets back!

As for extra fuel, we'll be carrying quite a bit to get us across the Nullabor. I think I mentioned earlier I've planned the trip so only BP Ultimate will be used.

As for music.. The stacker will be full and I'll have a few MP3 CDs in the inventory.

Look forward to catching up with yas soon, cheers guys!

-Shayde