SAU Community

New clutch

Had a new clutch fitted today, and ive noticed that when reving the engine round 6.5/7k, it seems to be vibrating much more than it did before, should i expect this? Also any1 know how long it takes to wear in the clutch? So much for 1250 at CAS, i got ripped :P

Also, when putting it into 4th, at under 2.5k revs, it goes fine. Anything higher, and i get a nice crunch sound...any takers?

hrmm try flushing and bleeding your clutch fluid.

Not sure about the vibration though. Maybe broken g/box mount or the center bearing was put on backwards?!?!

CEnterbearing - Have a look under the car to see if the tail shaft is in a straight line from the g/box to the diff.

Also to do the clutch the g/box oil is often lost so they usually replace the oil as well.

Try slapping in some Castrol VMX80 you will need 2 ltrs of it..

That is if the clutch bleed doesn't do anything to help the crunch.

I also use Nulon G70, excellent stuff, I've used it in all cars from a VL Whining Diff, to a VS LSD to the manual's in all cars that i've had.

It helps with gearchanges and stops diff whines.

The VL Diff was so damn loud, after a few hundred kays it quietened up considerably where it could only be heard slightly with the radio off.

• 1 month later...

To wear a clutch in you just drive it calmly for about 500km.

A friend of a friend had a vibration in his clutch after someone replaced it one day - this is going back 5 years - and it ended up being that when they put the preasure plate back on they used a rattle gun and tore the head off one of the bolts !!!!

The mis balance made it vibrate at a certain RPM !!!

BTW: I'm not trying to make you paranoid :)