SAU Community

Bleed Valve Installation In R33

anticeptik

Not sure how the bleed valve my mate got works. Its a monsta/monza something along those lines.

The actual controller has two ports one above each other, no sticker nothing at all and no dirrection of flow, Both of the port ar the same diameter hole.

it also came with a t piece air can be pushed threw the top and the left so i presume there is a spring and a ball bearing making it a one way valve on the right hand side.

Now i tried installing it like i did for mine on my mates r33 gtst and i got zero result.

So yeah if any one has used one could you give me some indicaion of flow or even just explain how you installed yours to get me going

Not sure how the bleed valve my mate got works. Its a monsta/monza something along those lines.

The actual controller has two ports one above each other, no sticker nothing at all and no dirrection of flow, Both of the port ar the same diameter hole.

it also came with a t piece air can be pushed threw the top and the left so i presume there is a spring and a ball bearing making it a one way valve on the right hand side.

Now i tried installing it like i did for mine on my mates r33 gtst and i got zero result.

So yeah if any one has used one could you give me some indicaion of flow or even just explain how you installed yours to get me going

cant be too different form any other bleed valve. search and u will find.

Hey there,

It appears as thou' most of the photo's relating to this topic are no longer here so I've taken a few (pretty average) photos to help.

*Disclaimer - I am definitely not an expert in this, and only a chump would follow my instructions without someone else confirming this first!

*Disclaimer 2 - I will assume that other noobs may read this, and start at the beginning. I am not insulting your intelligence. :w00t:

First, find the turbo wastegate (see photo)

post-32450-1167549084.jpg

These pics show the 2 ends of the hose that I have used for my boost controller.

Towards front end of car, beside air-box.

post-32450-1167549418.jpg

Very hard to see, but here is the location of the hose coming off the wastegate.

post-32450-1167549496.jpg

Follow the hose that is pictured until it meets a T piece.

Remove all three hoses from the T piece and put away somewhere safe (or throw-away).

Insert the boost controller into the two larger diameter hoses and secure (cable-ties or hose clamps)

I also blocked off the smaller hose with a screw and some electrical tape, although I believe this is unnecessary. This smaller hose leads back to the original boost controller, which I just unplugged the electrical wiring.

Now you can adjust the boost as per the instructions for your controller.

I also believe that if you put the controller in backwards you won't damage anything. (But I could be wrong :cool: )

Anyone with any corrections, please let me know!