SAU Community

Started on the rebuild today...

Ender

Well I started on my rebuild today...with my heart in my mouth...

Unplugged the ecu, took out tail shaft, unbolted it all from the intercooler etc etc,

Tomorrow hopefully it will be out. Then comes the tedious hard part, The rebuild etc...

Anyway, will keep you informed as to how it is all going.

From all the options I have looked at I have decided to build an RB2.2det. Hopefully will take 6 months or so.

Cheers,

Russ

I dont do it for a living... i want to do it for a change from what i do for a living....

a 3 litre would be good but...very expensive when you add all the little extras in...

Cheers,

Russ

brackets that need to be made...small things that dont fit cause youre using diffent engine bits...larger injectors, bigger turbo, upgrade gearbox to handle the power, Its always going to be more expensive to build because it is not a standard engine so things will have to be machined more and modified more than if you built a standard engine.

Russ

Have you done it before? Big task to attempt if you haven't but thumbs up for giving it a good go!

But i guess i've started on a reasonable amount of pulling my engine apart, and probably could work out how, just have no reason to. .. its all mostly just bolts after all.

building a 3ltr really isnt that much more,if u use the rb25head u can use things like exaust manifold,maybe the turbo if yourve got like a t04 already, and the bottom end stuff for the rb30 it actually pretty cheap,i prices brand new pistons and chromeoly rings for the rb30et and they came to $400 for the set, (thats through work)

how much power are u looking for out of this rebuild?

cause im looking at doing the exact same thing

hahaha...I work in an emergency department...athough I guess we do fix stuff (people) do rebuilds and put people back together...similarities to automotive could be drawn at a stretch...

Cheers,

Russ

yeah, so russ, expanding on what narky said, is the extra .2 mainly done for torque? or power? Any other advantages of increasing the litres?

cheers, and good luck with the rebuild!! I really want to find out how everything all works, etc, so when i get my skyline hopefully i'll be able to do most of the things on the car. Service etc.

extra .2 will give more torque and more power thru more capacity...nothing startling there, also might as well because it is just as easy to do 82mm bore and still undecided as to whether I will use rb20 crank or rb25 crank...they give 2.2 or 2.3 litres respectivly(roughly).

just about to actually remove the engine from the car right now....crosses fingers.

going to try and get the engine and gbox out in one go.

Russ