SAU Community

Torque Gauge

momo

The torque-split guage for the 4wd system? Is the system working properly? No light on the dash or anything?

I guess what i'm asking is: Is the guage not working, or is the 4wd system not working and the guage is right?

Easiest way to find out is to get the rears spining and see if any power is transfered to the front. If not then the 4wd is not working. If it is, then the gauge is busted.

The torque-split guage for the 4wd system? Is the system working properly? No light on the dash or anything?

I guess what i'm asking is: Is the guage not working, or is the 4wd system not working and the guage is right?

If the transfer has the wrong fluid in it the clutch plates will slip and you'll:

1. Burn out the transfer

2. Have a static torque-split

My kind Japanese ex-owner used diesel engine oil or something similarly stupid (can't remember now).

And dude you'll need to include more info in future. Your post was a little like asking, "why doesn't my car run 11's at WSID?" :)

• 4 months later...

the gauge has never worked on my 32 gts4, though i haven't had it for long.. the hicas light isn't on, thought it comes on during ignition so the light works, and the car feels like its AWD compared to my s15, but having never driven it in RWD mode i'm not 100% sure..

the clutch was replaced a few months ago, before i bought the car, could that have something to do with it?

i don't really care if the gauge works or not, just as long as the HICAS is working properly :S

also.. i only just bought it and haven't thrashed it at all yet, does the gauge only move when youre turning hard or something?

Edited by hobbsy

quick answer. nope. hicas and attessa are seperate, but use a lot of similar inputs.

To test if the 4wd is actually working, pull the fuse either under the dash, or in the engine bay, find a nice stretch of "private" road and dump and go. Then turn the electrics off, put the fuse back in and rinse and repeat.

I find in the wet if i have it in 2wd it is insanely bad, like driving on wet oil. In 4wd even in very wet conditions I can't get it to spin a wheel.

The other thing you coould do is stick your head in the boot and see if there are any error codes on the attessa module. search for the code list..

james.