SAU Community

Got To Love Your Skyline

All the time... but you have to fix it before you can sell it and once it runs right again there's no way it's going anywhere. Only sold my GTS25T because i upgraded to a GTR.. so that's a fair reason to sell =D

yeah good point once its back up and running selling it is the last thing on ur mind... and like u said the only valid reason to sell it is to upgrade or unless u have financial issues...

LoL, because they've all got few years on them now and like all cars they do wear out. Most of us prefer to do the work ourselves, which takes time, for reasons such as..

- Don't trust workshops

- Save on parts/labour

- Want to learn

- Enjoy working on cars (for me especially as I work in IT so working on my car is a nice break)

I'm sure the list goes on and on =D

Buy one, you'll love it and the Pro's far outway the Con's as long as you're smart about your purchase. Always get a professional inpsection, compression test and leakdown test =)

my car hasn't been out of action for long.. just the odd weekend when changing parts and doing some regular service... but yeah the main reasons are what actiondan said...

hey actiondan i work in IT as well so i know exacly what you mean... its like when u work on your car its more of a realaxing hobby then labour... and i always love to see the differance that the work i put in made.. like when i upgraded my brake pads and flushed the brake oil and machined the discs... then differance in braking was huge...

We have a family property out near Bathurst and every time I head out there Dad convinces me that I should drive his Landcruiser so I don't get the Line dirty :wub: I get a smile on my face every time I get back to Sydney and start up the GTS.

We have a family property out near Bathurst and every time I head out there Dad convinces me that I should drive his Landcruiser so I don't get the Line dirty :glare: I get a smile on my face every time I get back to Sydney and start up the GTS.

I get a similar quote from my mum. She likes it when I'm parked in the driveway when people come over. Apparently all her friends want to have a good look :wave:

Hehe.... lol... still remember the first time I drove one. Fell in love with it straight away. It was my boyfriends but I bought it off him (was a GTS) but recently did a conversion to turbo. Missed driving it for the weekend it was off the road while 3 of us worked on it but it was worth the wait!

I used to have a crappy auto VL before that.... never ever going back. Tell u what u miss the power when u get in other cars. I drive a 4 cyl Hilux for work and it barely makes it up hills let alone trying to take someone over!

Don't think I'll ever be able to sell it. My boyfriends parents let me drive their VE SS Commo sometimes, goes real good but it's just not the same. :cool:

All the time... but you have to fix it before you can sell it and once it runs right again there's no way it's going anywhere. Only sold my GTS25T because i upgraded to a GTR.. so that's a fair reason to sell =D

ahhaha same reason as me.. but i really do want to sell it! but only for my wallets sake haha..

I don't know about the whole smile thing... sure it puts a smirk on your face when you're giving it a hit but this is short-lived when you take a look at your fuel gauge.

Of late; the line' has been quite dormant... clocking almost no kms! Been driving around in my Corolla/BMW and I must say the difference is "astonishing"...

Even though I can't give it a hit; and they are bog stock... I can drive in confidence knowing cops won't pull me over for defects, people won't try to race me, and I don't have to look for a servo every 250kms :D

But then again, neither of these cars put a smirk on my face :cool:

Man, I get a smirk on my face when I jump back into my Skyline after driving my wife's 14 second WRX....

and I don't have to look for a servo every 250kms :laugh:

I've actually been quite impressed with my fuel usage of late, been averaging ~550kms to 60 litres, not as much power as Stan though :laugh:

I get a similar quote from my mum. She likes it when I'm parked in the driveway when people come over. Apparently all her friends want to have a good look :laugh:

Actually Dad drives my car while i'm out at Bathurst. He once managed to use a tank of fuel in 280ks which was an effort since its nearly stock. He said it puts a smile on his face too :laugh:

I still remember the first drive I had of my car. I was about to buy a Gen3 VY Calais :laugh: and my mechanic Gary suggested that we walk next door to Northshore Prestige and take a look at a Skyline. I picked out my mint 97' GTST, took it for a spirited test drive and was sold straight away... I paid cash for it 2 days later!

My grey GTR has been off the road for months. I blew one of the turbos and wanted to do a $11-12k upgrade so made the promise to myself that I wouldn't spend the money until I sold my white one. Finally sold it 5 weeks ago but am awaiting payment so the grey GTR still sits in the garage gathering dust and spiderwebs.

Now after another serious car crash in my Bentley last week- http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=150522 - I'm having second thoughts and am considering selling my grey GTR and my 1991 Peugeot 205 GTI and buying a modern car with crumple zones, airbags, seat belt pretensioners, ABS etc...

Still I know that once I get the grey GTR back on the road I'll be grinning like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Edited by writeoff