SAU Community

What Next?

Stray

Okay so this is probably a pretty common topic but I'm at a loss for where to go next with my mods so I'll start with the current list:

S1 R33 GTST

TD06 turbo

3inch turbo back

FMIC

Profec EBC

SSQ BOV

Turbo timer

Tien/Bilstein springs/shocks

OS Giken twin plate

I was thinking my next step should obviously be ECU upgrade then I thought I could probably use a box for my pod filter and some cold air but then I got to thinking that fuel upgrades might be more important first. I'm not really bothered (don't care) about asthetics at this stage and this is my first serious performance car so I don't want to pour a huge ammount of money into something I'll probably sell in a year or two.

Between now and the next big step I have a few small things planned like a catch can and HICAS lock bar, possibly an oil cooler too.

So basically my question is what's the most important thing for me to get into next? The car is just a street car and I'm only chasing a reliable 300-350hp atw but I'm hoping to see some track time and I do go to the drags a bit.

With that set up and ECU should get you in the mid 300's. Just be careful as stock internals don't take much more than that for too long, 350 as you say is good and safe. Also your gearbox would be the next weak link. They would be next major mods. Small mods would be as you say, cold air intake, catch can etc. With the upgrade of ECU you can then upgrade injectors etc too.

I should of mentioned that I have no cat also I have a custom front/down pipe and guages.

So the PFC is the best ecu to get? I saw a Mines one for sale awhile ago that was pretty cheap, are they any good and is there anyone around here who can tune them?

He clearly needs neons and a huge drift wing :nyaanyaa:

I'd be doing injectors, ECU and fuel pump all at the same time and getting a final tune.

You can't up the boost without more fuel, the standard ECU won't support larger injectors, and the fuel pump won't flow enough for the added power. Pretty big outlay but you'll finally get to crank the TD06 up to max.

hold your foot flat and see what goes first, pistons or rods, we can all place bets.. im sure there is alot of guys with alot less then 350 who's engines have gone bang, guess it depends how u drive and whos going to build it as to how long your rebuild will last, and also how heavy your wallet is....

The rods seem to be the most common weak point much over 350. Drive quiet and it will be fine over that but what is the point in that?

ECU, some will recommend PFC, if you wanna ditch the AFM etc go for a Wolf 3D.

Okay so this is probably a pretty common topic but I'm at a loss for where to go next with my mods so I'll start with the current list:

S1 R33 GTST

TD06 turbo

3inch turbo back

FMIC

Profec EBC

SSQ BOV

Turbo timer

Tien/Bilstein springs/shocks

OS Giken twin plate

I was thinking my next step should obviously be ECU upgrade then I thought I could probably use a box for my pod filter and some cold air but then I got to thinking that fuel upgrades might be more important first. I'm not really bothered (don't care) about asthetics at this stage and this is my first serious performance car so I don't want to pour a huge ammount of money into something I'll probably sell in a year or two.

Between now and the next big step I have a few small things planned like a catch can and HICAS lock bar, possibly an oil cooler too.

So basically my question is what's the most important thing for me to get into next? The car is just a street car and I'm only chasing a reliable 300-350hp atw but I'm hoping to see some track time and I do go to the drags a bit.

what type of td06 are you using? (td06-20g or td06-25g and what size rear housing 8,10 or 12cm?)

I would go with the following mods:

ECU (Apexi PFC - you should be able to find a second hand one very easy, as they no longer make them)

Fuel Pump (tomie,nismo etc etc, they are all bolton and will supply you with enough fuel)

Injectors (NISMO 550cc or 740cc; because you have an rb25 get nismo as they are direct bolton, unlike sard injectors)

AFM (z23 afm + z23 afm plug)

go get a tune and depending what type of td06 you have you should be in the 300rwhp range.

Reliable depends on your tune, im running 337rwhp @ 16psi with 11:1 AFR (rich tune) (100,000km) my car see alot of limiter smashing and bashing, abuses from antilag and i do like to do abit of track work (drag,mc and drift when i can get time) AND i havn't had a problem yet

(my engine is unopen stock rb25det)

good luck

oh and if you need some help finding a second hand pfc, i can source you one

-Michael