SAU Community

Bendix Ultimates

Modena

bendix ultimates are renowned for squeeling. There can be many causes of squeeling, so you'll have to check all this out.

Cause one, oscilation of the shim - bit of anti squeel goo will fix this.

cause 2 - Glazed pads - if not broken in properly, or any number of other causes. remedy is chamfeuring the pads. i.e. sand paper off the glaze.

cause 3 - missing anti squeel shim behind

another thing that seems to work well with the ultimates, is to sand the edges, so it's a bit rounded.

Everyone always winges about the ultimates squeeling, but i've managed to make them go alright. hell dusty still though.

my ultimates squeel quiet abit but only under light braking, ive read its also due to the dust that the pads create, not sure though.

would glazed pads squeel? i would have thought that it would make a different sound?

i mite have a look at seeing if the pads are glazed aswell.

Some people are lucky some aren't.

I couldnt get mine to stop sqealing.

I tried cleaning the discs, cleaning the calipers, putting shims in, putting anti-squeel goo on the shims, slightly sanding the edges of the pads

Couldnt get them to stop squealing.

So i got Rb74's, bedded them in properly, used shims with paste, and no squeel what so ever

I have project Mus on the front, and on a cold day (first start up for the car) while reversing they squeel for a bit.. A little loud if i brake hard..

but this only happens while reversing on a cold day..

im just assumming the pads are more suited for the heat.. So this could just apply for you also..

However i did use nulon brake cleaner and it has worked a little.. But you can still hear little squeels.. Not as bad as before tho.

So give that a try.. Only 12 bucks for the bottle i think..

i just purchased these pads aswel.. as i have never had new pads in a car whats the correct way to bed them in??? some hard acceleration and then hard breaking etc

Thanks all for replies. Ill try some brake goo/cleaner.

When you bed them in, dont brake hard for the first few KMs at least. Go easy on the brakes, then gradually give it some more. Theres a guide on here, dafs.

isnt it nice.. while i do that? i have a skylinesaustralia sticker on my rear window? i like to have fun... others are being hypocrites because they've all done the same thing... i don't care really.. i enjoyed it, it made me happy.. and entertained others.. so who cares what you have to think..
Thanks all for replies. Ill try some brake goo/cleaner.

When you bed them in, dont brake hard for the first few KMs at least. Go easy on the brakes, then gradually give it some more. Theres a guide on here, dafs.

cheers mate thanks

What's the attraction to Ultimate's anyway???

They eat rotors, they're noisy, they're damn expensive, and they don't perform anywhere near as good as far cheaper Lucas...

Just because Bendix have the name when it comes to supplying OEM products, doesn't mean they know how to produce a performance pad! :cool:

acutally ultamite are quite good with some temp in them.

this i what u get with semi/race pads. u dont get the low temp (cold) feel as u would with stock. onl advantage is when u warm them up enough, this is good for track days when u dont want brake fade to come in when u just got use to the track.

ferodos are only $40 i relise they are just slightly better than the stock pads, dont waste money on brand name stuff, got for what u need. would be such a waste of money if u dont attend track days etc.

ps all race/peformace pads WILL chew up ur rotors, so dont go spending money on somthing u dont need.

i use to have ultimates on my civic. i love em. never fadded even when i drove hard on twisty roads for a long time. they also have very good pedal feel. they only bad thing about them is they are very dusty (but most performance pads are). i now have endless ssy pads on my R34. if u think the ultimates are loud u should hear these when they are cold. they can wake up the dead. i sometimes feel like someone is grinding my teeth away when they sqeek. but i think next time ill go for the ultimates again as they are half the price of the endless pads and i think are just as good...

They eat rotors, they're noisy, they're damn expensive, and they don't perform anywhere near as good as far cheaper Lucas...

Just because Bendix have the name when it comes to supplying OEM products, doesn't mean they know how to produce a performance pad! :D

I beg to differ - I had Lucas pads in my GTR and they were the most pathetic pads I have ever used.

They eat rotors . . . .

I couldn't disagree more, we had a set on the front of our ute for 18 months that only does track work, no road going, so bloody hard braking. I checked the rotors with a micrometer before fitting the Ultimates and the rotors were 23mm, when we took them coz we scrapped the ute the rotors were 22mm. 1mm in 18 months on a race track!!! Edited by Big Trev