SAU Community

Car Audio Websites

rb25_r32

i am searching for some car audio websites to buy subs and indash dvd tuner.

i got www.doranproaudio.com.au... does anyone here know any car audio websites in syd?

thanks

www.yellowpages.com.au.

best way :nyaanyaa: they have all of them listed with sites. (this is what I pay $300/mo for.)

i am searching for some car audio websites to buy subs and indash dvd tuner.

i got www.doranproaudio.com.au... does anyone here know any car audio websites in syd?

thanks

Contact me and I can give you the the details to VT Systems they sell kick ass SPL record breaking subs and amps doran only talks about it these guys do it! :/

That was the biggest load of crap i have ever heard?

Who are these VT Systems, how come i have never seen them on the DB Drag circuit.

I have seen and witnessed Tony Dorans achievements, and these so called SPL record breaking subs who are they? Where did they come from, what they got magic fairy dust built in.

God some of the comments i see on these forums are absolutely amazing.

Whats the need for car audio websites anyway. Go into a store and you will be pleasantly surprised car audio is now well priced compared to Ebay and other internet stores.

Edited by Adelaideprosound

i cbf looking thru the yellow pages.

another thing i work 6days a week and my onli day off is sunday, and nothing is open on sunday.

www.yellowpagescom.au :)

they do have an online version and if you put in sydney and car audio into it, you will get 169 shops doing it with 3 pages of them listing websites .

have a look. that way you can make your mind up who you wish to shop with.

www.yellowpagescom.au :O

they do have an online version and if you put in sydney and car audio into it, you will get 169 shops doing it with 3 pages of them listing websites .

have a look. that way you can make your mind up who you wish to shop with.

Yep couldn't be any easier if you ask me and if you CBF doing that then you obvisouly CBF listening to people's advice when you asked for it :P

As for working 6days and only have Sunday's off you will be pleasantly supprised to find shops open and trading on Sundays :(

Whats the need for car audio websites anyway. Go into a store and you will be pleasantly surprised car audio is now well priced compared to Ebay and other internet stores.

no offense, but you obviously havent been ebaying

Take 1 example, tell me the best price in Australia for a JVC KD-AVX2 head unit?

Got mine recently for $600 delivered.

Take 1 example, tell me the best price in Australia for a JVC KD-AVX2 head unit?

with local 3 year warranty instead of 6 months?

I'd deal local for that alone considering the failure rate of the ribbons.

with local 3 year warranty instead of 6 months?

I'd deal local for that alone considering the failure rate of the ribbons.

Thats probably the biggest difference alone other than the price of stuff on Ebay.

Sometimes your lucky at all if the product even comes with an Australian Warranty :(

Im all for supporting local business's if/when i can, even if it is slightly cheaper on Ebay/net as i've had one thing come back to bite me on the arse and what i originally saved on the purchased i spent on the failure :huh:

Yep couldn't be any easier if you ask me and if you CBF doing that then you obvisouly CBF listening to people's advice when you asked for it :D

As for working 6days and only have Sunday's off you will be pleasantly supprised to find shops open and trading on Sundays :)

i do take ppls advice thats if i hav the time to do it. where as i dnt hav time to sit there and look thru a few pages... a rather ppl gimme sites or refer me to places where i know that they have delt with...

actually i called a few places and they are not open on sundays... ryda is close doran pro audio as well... kims car radio is closed... i think fairfield car radios is close... even if there open i woodnt go there, there prices are rediculous...

Edited by rb25_r32

i do take ppls advice thats if i hav the time to do it. where as i dnt hav time to sit there and look thru a few pages... a rather ppl gimme sites or refer me to places where i know that they have delt with...

so you'd believe people you've never met rather than the stores trading history, seems odd to me and possibly many others reading your reply?

actually i called a few places and they are not open on sundays... ryda is close doran pro audio as well... kims car radio is closed... i think fairfield car radios is close... even if there open i woodnt go there, there prices are rediculous...

why do you expect stores to be open on sundays, arent store owners and their staff allowed to have a day off from the day to day life of car audio?

to be looking for cheap products you must own the cheapest car on the planet one must assume? :P

so you'd believe people you've never met rather than the stores trading history, seems odd to me and possibly many others reading your reply?

Forums are a great place to get recommendations from hundreds of other people... if someone suggests a site or business that others have had bad experiences with, you'll get feedback quickly. The same goes if someone recommends a website which others have also had a good experience with! He's not asking for feedback from one person he doesn't know... he wants some advice from the SAU family!

And you don't have to be driving a $200 datsun to want to get good value, and not be ripped off by an over-priced retailer!

Edited by Trav33

Forums are a great place to get recommendations from hundreds of other people... if someone suggests a site or business that others have had bad experiences with, you'll get feedback quickly. The same goes if someone recommends a website which others have also had a good experience with! He's not asking for feedback from one person he doesn't know... he wants some advice from the SAU family!

And you don't have to be driving a $200 datsun to want to get good value, and not be ripped off by an over-priced retailer!

trav,

he's the rainbow distributor :)

rb25_r32 what brands are you looking at? Do you have any particular models you are interested in?

Depending on the brand, you might have trouble finding street prices, let alone have manufacturer/distributor supported online sales.

If you are still undecided and looking for RECOMMENDATIONS - then use the what to buy thread in Car Audio, or look up the CAA forums.

If you want to BUY online, places like Doran, Audio Express, Adelaide Pro Sound, Ryda, all do traditional online sales (ie via shopping carts). There are others who can arrange sales via phone/email (eg FHRX Studios).

If you want to go see the stores in person on Sunday, to be honest mate Yellowpages is still your best bet :)

This is just a sample off my head there's plenty more if you look around.

SAU? Some Aussie Users perhaps? :D

Didn't say that forum's arent a good place for recommendations, but when people are only after price there are places around who can accomidate cheap and cheap is just that... CHEAP :D. Cheap and quality usually arent used in the same sentence by most in the know.

No one said one had to drive an expensive car or have an unlimited budget to be able to afford something nice, what most should be thinking when after anything in the ways of car accessories is 1. Whats my budget? 2. Who is going to sell me the best possible product I can get for the money? & 3. Will they do a proper job behind the scenes where I cant see?

Thats where store history come into play, yes there are some stories one hears, but saying that has anyone ever checked the validity of a rumor or is it taken as gospel that the rumor is true?

Its about who does the right thing for the consumer with the products and advising them on installation. Installation will make or break a system, period! But if the consumer isn't prepared to spend the money on a proper installation then there is no point bagging a store cause that consumers beer budget wasnt enough for that champaine install they hoped they were going to get for nothing.

In this day and age, consumers are bombarded with specs. I ask people, do they know what any of those specs mean to them when a sales person drums up number to dress up the product? I seriously doubt it. Specs arent the be all and end all for products, it either sounds right or it doesnt, there is no rocket science to using our ears to tell if something sound right for us.

I guess what I'm saying is all those who prefer to do it the lazy way by online shopping tend to bag a product or store due to that store not being able to do the right thing by the product and consumer with installation. Most cases the amateur i.e. purchaser or so called expert friends do the install and do something wrong and then blame the product or say the store should of sold you that instead of this. Most stores offer a lifetime warranty on installations, but the difference is the privateers care about their clients as they build long term relationships by doing the right thing by them.

I think Ive babbled on enough so I will leave it there, I would just ask people to take the blinders off and have a look at the bigger picture, there is more out there than what they think in the world of car audio :P

Edited by Mobile Fidelity