SAU Community

Lawns Of Old Parliment House

SL33KY

bah 8:30, means i have to leave around 7am so i can wash and polish my car in time, dam dirt and bugs. Where are the car lovers in northside?

Sacrelidge! how dare you take such an esteemed vehicle through a commoners cleaning station! Skylines deserve a personal touch (e.g. bucket, water, top quality waxes and a whole Saturdays work) and don't get on your high horses about water restrictions, they don't apply to Skylines.

I've been asked by a few to come out to this, I'll be working, but will find time to come out and catch up with the crew.

Edited by Veilside R33

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha i live on a property in murrumbateman, meaning ive got a long drive through dirt roads and highways all filled with bugs, ill go take a pic in a second from about 50km of driving (was probably a bad patch but still)

But if your offering your services ;)

bugstj6.jpg

morebugstp9.jpg

Bugs 0 Skyline 11,500,302

*EDIT* what the hell is that stain on the headlight :X

Edited by Baconer

Do we have a time the organisers want us to arrive? It might give them the shits if we rock up at 9am and they're just about to finish setting up the other cars.

I've just sent an email off to the email address in the flyer, as the phone number on it seems to be going to message bank, hopefully I'll get a reply soon. Don't want anyone to miss out.

Good luck with getting a reply Cejay, it took me almost a week just to book us a car spot! :laugh: The show doesn't open to the public until 10am so I think cars arrive at 9am... So let's meet up at 8.15-8.30am crusing out at 8.45 or a little before.

Don't forget, I am making a banner he he just because this will be my last dealing with the ACT SAU! :ninja:

I spoke directly to the organisors today.

They informed me that it was best for 2 members/cars to turn up between 8 and 8.30 to stake out a large section so all the skylines will be situated together. Particularly not having a club, we will be thrown in with the "others"

It would be nice to see a massive row in year order.

Do we have a time the organisers want us to arrive? It might give them the shits if we rock up at 9am and they're just about to finish setting up the other cars.

Received this from the organiser

Start time is 8am, I will get you out an updated map of the skyline

owners location for the show,

Marshalling is between 8am and 9am but you can arrive late just get the

attention of one of the marshals at the event and we'll be able to help

you setup.

If you have any further questions feel free to email me

So if we arrive sometime in between then it should be fine, but as has been said, might be good to have one or two people stake out our spot. I'll post up the updated map if and when I get it.

Either Meguiars or Auto glym are all i use.

My friend spoke to the organiser this morning and he said to be there for 8 as then you can stake your own area. If its too early for some of you maybe the early risers want to meet at 7.45 and we can make sure we have an area big enough to fit all of us together.

I'm happy to come earlier and help setup. what do we need to 'stake' out our area? I have a large boot that we can chuck stuff into if it involves any large objects.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• The Daily - 2011 Audi A5 And the camper VW transporter T5          
    • Wow mate that's huge, congrats. Glad you found better people to deal with and all seems like it's going in the right direction.
    • The best setting for street is what gives the best tyres wear for your driving style Different tyres like different camber You want the whole surface of the tread to wear flat, if the inside of the tyre is wearing more than the outside reduce camber settings For toe, have the minimum amount to give the handling you want Caster, from my experience if you can adjust it, is as much as you can get without clearance issues And while -2.5° of camber on the front might work well with good tyres for "spirited" cornering, it may be too much for a street car Lots of front camber will effect braking Just like to much rear camber will effect rear traction (rwd), and braking  When I set my Bogan Cruise Ship (VX SS) up for drags I tested how much tyre width I actually had in the rear by doing a hard launch (skid), it originally had -1.5° in the rear, and you could see that the tyre wasn't putting down alot of the tread, I maxed out the settings to get as little camber as I could with the OEM adjustment and some camber bushings and got it down to just under -0.5° with 0 toe, that gave me a fair bit more "rubber on the road" and helped it hook up for my 60' and my 0-100kph And with -1.5° in the front the big old boat handles fine on the street and my tyre wear is nice and even on both front and rear tyres (currently Hankook RS4's) As for semi slicks at the track, again, it depends on alot more IRT the suspension, the track and lots of other things, so, I'll leave that up to people who have more experience, especially with a AWD In saying this, street settings are pretty easy, just look at the tyre wear Meh, Necro thread, it's late at night, and I has been drinking beer
    • Thought I'd give an update. There needs to be scarce details in some areas due to ongoing discussions. Here's the journey of trying to make the booked registration appointment (again). Sent a complaint to Car Inspect outlining the concerns and made some demands. Went to a service center in Geelong, got assaulted with bullshit items on the RWC, as you know. Tried to quote $2.5k AND wanted a structural report Only seemed to be one place around Geelong that does them, they demand $495 just to end up telling me it's f**ked, at least $11k to fix and tried to sell me his own Skyline in the process (bro, wtf?) Started stressing about what I'm supposed to do with this possible pile of steel. Awaiting that, I was sent an angel friend who works in Melbourne and knows real mechanics and body shops.  They laughed at the reported quotes (don't get work done in Geelong) Car underwent some front surgery and brought back better They then sent it to the mechanics for RWC Registration appointment is two days away at this point. Mechanics pointed out two issues: driver's seat and shocks - that's it. He offered couple options and I chose coilovers. Frantically I scoured the jungle realm that is Facebook Marketplace (again). Found what looks to be a decent Series 1 seat actually - $100 Guy is friendly, offers to bring the seat with a colleague who's heading to Geelong (thanks man, that was cool) Seat arrived, looks good. Throw it in my car and drive to Melbourne and drop it to mechanic T-1 day, mechanic reckons job will be done for the fronts only, gets it done by 4PM Mechanic heads to get the coil-overs that night as a favour to help me make the appointment Get driven to Melbourne, drove the car back - RWC Unlocked! ✅ VicRoads tomorrow, the goal is close now. 🙂