SAU Community

RB20DE Mods

Hi,

I haven't got a Skyline yet but I want to know everything first. I am thinking about the N/A Skyline becuase of insurance reasons. Is it possible to just take a trubo and components off a RB20DET and put it on the RB20DE? I know the engine is a straight switch over but I just want to know if I few years down the track I can just put a turbo on.

Also, how many more kw's, does a RB25DE have over the RB20DE?

Cheers

The power figures will depend on which series SKyline you're talking about - R32, R33 or R34?

It is possible to take the turbo (etc) from a RB25DET and put it on a RB25DE, but it would just be easier to get a complete RB25DET motor to begin with.

I haven't seen many RB20DE powered Skylines (they were available on the 32 series only) - more commonly the 2 litre RB engines are the RB20E's - i.e. minus an extra cam. My old Skyline was powered by the RB20E, it puts out 130 PS and isn't very quick at all....

meggala can help alot if u need info about modding the rb20de, as he was on the same path for awhile.

in my opinion, if u want to have an NA skyline, u really need at least 2.5 L capacity.

all skylines a quite heavy unfortunatly, and those extra cubes are worth every dollar.

rb25 had around 40kws more power then rb20, those are very hard kw's to get as well