SAU Community

How To Identify A True R33 V-spec

^ yep the finned diff is the easiest way, but that can be changed easily, especially if the car has had a diff upgrade. My R32 has the finned V-spec diff cover, but it couldn't be a V-spec because it's an 89.

But as everyone says, it's not really gonna make much noticable difference except being able to say "it's a V-spec"

All R32 GTRs have finned covers, unless they're late '93 or '94 models, which run a plain non-finned cover similar to a non v-spec R33.

http://www.users.on.net/~goofyhsk/info/chassis_plate.html

Cut and paste and you will be able to see what the cars are by the blue plate.

If the last 3 digits are 7 AA then you have GTR

8 AA then you have V spec 2 non N1

If you have dont have either a 7 or 8 and there is no number AA then you have a GTR V spec 1

or if you have 7ZN or 8ZN you have in your grubby little hands a V spec 1 / 2 N1

just put the address above in the explorer bar and you should be able to work it out.

• 1 month later...
Geoff that was actually just the powerfc playing around with it
Actually it was more than that, the A-lsd fix for PFC has been sorted for quite some time now. Oil problems this time but still an expensive fix for such a simple problem. And another A-lsd problem has occurred today as well.

ahh!! so it was paulr33?

what alsd problem?

I had the same prob with my pfc and alsd.. the computers did not talk... a few wiring changes and voila!

i'm having more problems with my alsd though, and am looking to change it... any ideas on whether the stock 33 diff is interchangable with the alsd? or will i need to change the driveshaft and other things? anyone know!?