SAU Community

Intake Manifold Skyline Rb25det

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the fact that isnt one detailed picture worry you?

because it worries me.

You cant see anything clearly.

without far more decent pics, i say stay away.

whats the setup anyway?

i made 270rwkw on pulp and 369rwkw on 104 octane with the stock item with as good response as those with front facing

you made almost 100kw's more using 104 octane fuel?

I was looking at them last night they look very cheapo, would need alot of cleaning up. Theres a guy in geelong i think selling them on ebay too, he has better pics.....

The guy in Geelong selling these on ebay even says he has done before and after dyno runs with a 14kw increase with 28nm increase in torque...

For $300 I reckon it would be a pretty good upgrade just to clean up the engine bay a bit..... get rid of the intercooler piping, clear access to spark plugs, get rid of cross over pipe and relocate rubber hoses...

Can you get cast aluminium smoothed and polished ok?

I am gettig one this afternoon. Will need to probably clean it up with a dremel but arounf the water jackets but meh.

At least I can run top feed injectors now without having to make some gay spacer up for the stock plennum. Thats my main reason for getting it. Also save on the piping.

and no I couldn't have just got side feed injectors I aleady had 700cc top feeds doing nothing thats why.

Anyway I have a pretty decent camera now so when I get myn I can put some really hi res pics up if enough people are keen to see one up really close.

Edited by James_03

The guy in Geelong selling these on ebay even says he has done before and after dyno runs with a 14kw increase with 28nm increase in torque...

For $300 I reckon it would be a pretty good upgrade just to clean up the engine bay a bit..... get rid of the intercooler piping, clear access to spark plugs, get rid of cross over pipe and relocate rubber hoses...

Can you get cast aluminium smoothed and polished ok?

Id be very interested in finding out the quality of these items, If it doesn not cause any of my cylinders leaning out then i will buy one. I know a guy wiht a online store that is starting up http://www.iconautoworkz.com.au He will be able to do us a group buy cheap!

Any one got any info on if it will cause any uneaven leaning out?

Posts to: Australia

Item location: HongKong,ShangHai, China

Bank: Bank of Melbourne

BSB: 733-178

A/c NO.: 588-444 A/C Name: Ying Wei

Sounds way to suss for me, i've heard of hepas of scams like that.

I've also heard that the intake manifolds u get of ebay liek the greedy style copies "which this one appears to be" are of poor quality and the wall thickness is minimal which can result in cracks!

Exhausts manifolds on the other hand from ebey are ok i've heard.

Those things are $70 US a peice when you buy over 50 lol I noticed some chinese import/export website and i sent them an email just to see what they said and thats the price i got.

As far as those sorts of items it's a little risky. I purchased a low mount turbo manifold from some sonofabitch (not naming any names) on ebay and the lovely welds they had on the manifold (pertruding welds) came off from the inside and went through my brand new 15minute used turbo..... lovely :happy:

Learnt my lesson the hard way.

"STAYAWAYFROMEBAY" :sorcerer:

I certainly wouldn't put one on without serious cleaning up first. Check here to see pics of my SR20 manifold

http://forum.silviansw.com/viewtopic.php?t...hlight=manifold The before pics still had about 10 hrs worth of clean up. I modded the manifold to take a bigger throttle body, which allowed better access so I cleaned it up some more.

I used a drill and a long shaft I bought at bunnings and some stones. I have had several areas on the manifold welded up, the casting is not brilliant, but for the money if your prepared to put the effort in it can save some cash.

Just wondering if the manifold required welding up, or did you get it done as a preventative measure. as far as the internal finish is concerned, it is certainly no worse than the original manifold, but a clean up certainly wont hurt.

I bought one off ebay, actually the same one as posted above. Unfortunately it arrived damaged, most probably through the poor packaging and will be sent back to the supplier. So far he has been good about the whole deal, so lets see what happens.

You get what you pay for. I was aware of the poor quality, as i have seen one on another car, at my mechanic's w/shop. I plan to linish and sand the outer surface to make it smoother b4 powder coating it. It should look pretty neat by the end of it.

Below are the pics i took, to right a report to the seller.

post-1811-1168498146.jpg post-1811-1168498163.jpg post-1811-1168498173.jpg

post-1811-1168498198.jpg post-1811-1168498208.jpg post-1811-1168498218.jpg