SAU Community

Intake Manifold Skyline Rb25det

Yeah.....................all knock-offs are the same :)

Little linishing and sanding will make it look ok.

Has anyone put them side by side with a Greddy?

And actually seen if dimensions are identical etc etc.

Otherwise it could potentially do more harm than (possible) good

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest 40th-edition
I bought one off ebay, actually the same one as posted above. Unfortunately it arrived damaged, most probably through the poor packaging and will be sent back to the supplier. So far he has been good about the whole deal, so lets see what happens.

You get what you pay for. I was aware of the poor quality, as i have seen one on another car, at my mechanic's w/shop. I plan to linish and sand the outer surface to make it smoother b4 powder coating it. It should look pretty neat by the end of it.

Below are the pics i took, to right a report to the seller.

if that broke in the post i can just imagin whats going to happen when u tighten it down or get it hot..

thats going top last about a week!.... i would rather go to she shop and hold it, see the quality and have some garrinty about the usage!

but its not my money. good luck

I had a stock rb25det plunum break when my new engine was gettign deliverd. Cast manifilds dont lend them slefs to impacts.

Courier companies especially when ordering from china can be pretty rough of packages.

The autotechnica ones are the same thing with just a rebadge.

I had a stock rb25det plunum break when my new engine was gettign deliverd. Cast manifilds dont lend them slefs to impacts.

Courier companies especially when ordering from china can be pretty rough of packages.

Yea dude thats really true, my mate was a courier and i went on a few runs with him and i couldn't belive the shit i saw. At their depot its like they play bowling with everyone's packages. Fragile or not its still going for 6 and when something broke it was a bonus lol, no one gave a shit there.

Yeah.....................all knock-offs are the same :laugh:

Little linishing and sanding will make it look ok.

yer i got one of ebay, the casting isnt of that high quality, it did have a few little holes in the cast but ive filled these with with a tig and sanded them away, its pretty good now especially for the price i got for, if you dont mind a bit of work then get one. Mine didnt arrive in such bad condion as Al showed in the pics above so maybe i was just lucky.

yer i got one of ebay, the casting isnt of that high quality, it did have a few little holes in the cast but ive filled these with with a tig and sanded them away, its pretty good now especially for the price i got for, if you dont mind a bit of work then get one. Mine didnt arrive in such bad condion as Al showed in the pics above so maybe i was just lucky.
Getting mine replaced, hopefully the guy is honest and comes through.

I have one of these on my car was a bit pissed off when I got it the casting was a bit rough but was all structually sound took it to the performace shop down the road they said it was the same as the greddy 1 and myte as well use it, sanded it up and put a etch primer then a high build primer on painted it black with a red pearl looks the part now.

anyway back to problems or issues, your standard throttle body will not fit as its designed for the q45 but allgud i was told my standard t/b will be good for 300kw so got a mate to make up an adapter plate for it which was allgud but quite a mission because the holes were so close to oneanother.

The plenum did not come with any nipples or bolts so had to source them which was actually soorta costly.

supprisingly my throttle cabel juuuust reached am prepared to replacve tho haha.

if you do decide to use a q45 fuse box will need relocating, but in my case i had to remove the washer bottle.

1 up is the i/c piping on that side is soooo short. one more thing was you can fit the standard fuel rail on but with the cast be aware that it may need grinding flush as it may not bolt down entirely 100% causing a vacuum leak around the injectors.

Now what every1 is wanting to hear, car went abit harder indeed my car was only on standard boost then and the response in my oponion is ALOT better, till my car has something wrong with it now haha, not anything to do with the manifold tho haha-hopefully.

It does clear up ALOT of the crap in the engine bay pipes etc and made it look alot more impressive im happy with it so far.

hey man i think while i was doing it i took some on a disposible cam so ill get them developed and take a pik with my digi cam and post them up if they are clear ill also take of pik of my e/bay now so you can see all the clutter gone.

yer well thats ok cause all problem you come up agains i have already deleated half of them asi dont have a wosher bottle and i have top feed rail and ill source the parts cheaply thanks for the heads up

yer i will be Extrude Honing the manifold to get the best result

Maybe you should look into Extrude Honing the manifold....?

How much and where?

Does the Extrude Honing make the surface really smooth, like when you port and polish? As i still want a slightly rough texture on the inside surface.

It will give a VERY smooth finish if you want. I believe you can choose a series of different finishes, depending on the medium they use.

I don't think it would make a difference inside the manifold though. The cylinder head maybe.

Klenn thank you for report.

Does it have a nipple (or a hole for a nipple) for turbo water-feed near cyl. No 6?

Where is your washer bottle now? Is it relocated or totaly removed?