SAU Community

L24et Build (build Complete)

the big JC

This is what the first lot of stuff looked like when i got it

dsc00047ue9.th.jpg

since then it has all been cleaned and painted and i have removed all the dags from the intake manifold, i have ported and polished the throttle body, and the turbo manifold has also had the dags removed from it.

picture1120ch1.th.jpg

picture1121lg6.th.jpg

picture1124qq6.th.jpg

picture1125yp5.th.jpg

I will be getting Ecu, loom, afm and front mount next weekend and i will be fitting the intercooler up and then the intercooler piping will be getting sandblasted and then powdercoated

Edited by the big JC

ah i remember!....

ive sourced one, and the guy only wants $40 (L20et), and $30 for the matching dizzy,

Do you think thats a good price??

( i got a few other things lined up, just depends on alot of factors... :) )

$40 is a good price

hey did you ever get a KA24E throttle body?

I have found one at my wreckers for $27.50, man they are big!

do you want me to get it for you? (im probably going there this weekend...)

thanks but no thanks i have a heap of stuff coming on the weekend so that will blow my budget for a few weeks and i think im going to give the stock one a try first

turbo is all cleaned up and checked over the impeller looks ok, there is no shaft play, however there was a bit of oil in the exhaust housing so i suspect it may be in need of a few new seals down the trak but apart from that it's all good

jkfhuu9.th.jpg

picture1151hq3.th.jpg

picture1152lb5.th.jpg

wgtxc9.th.jpg

The collection so far

picture1149jz4.th.jpg

Edited by the big JC

turbo is all cleaned up and checked over the impeller looks ok, there is no shaft play, however there was a bit of oil in the exhaust housing so i suspect it may be in need of a few new seals down the trak but apart from that it's all good

jkfhuu9.th.jpg

picture1151hq3.th.jpg

picture1152lb5.th.jpg

wgtxc9.th.jpg

The collection so far

picture1149jz4.th.jpg

Hunt down some VG30et injectors 270cc's . They will be better suited to the higher compression of the l24 and displacement. Ive had them running on my l20et. Work well just a bit of AFM adjustment

Hunt down some VG30et injectors 270cc's . They will be better suited to the higher compression of the l24 and displacement. Ive had them running on my l20et. Work well just a bit of AFM adjustment

ive already got a set of L20et ones so i will start off with them and might look at the VG30 ones down the trak i just want to get it all working first and then i will look at changing little bits and pieces but after its all working the first thing i will be doing is tracking down a N42 head and geting that worked fairly exstencively

I think VL turbo injectors are a good replacement too, at least you wont need to worry about pinging, and i was told that L20et injectors were almost maxed out on the 2lt... so it might be a bit dangerous on a 2.4lt especially since it will be under more boost than the 2lt too

i found som VLt injectors for $150 for the set... not too bad i think

I think VL turbo injectors are a good replacement too, at least you wont need to worry about pinging, and i was told that L20et injectors were almost maxed out on the 2lt... so it might be a bit dangerous on a 2.4lt especially since it will be under more boost than the 2lt too

i found som VLt injectors for $150 for the set... not too bad i think

there is a website called www.injectorsonline.com.au the sell brand new bosch VL turbo injectors for $80 each

• 4 weeks later...

i have almost got all the gear i need for the conversion and providing nothing major go's wrong it could all be on in as little as 3 weeks.

my major concern at the moment is the ecu i have as im not 100% sure what it is so ive got the number for a guy that can give me the awnsers i need i just have to find time to call him and im also not sure wheather i will need a high volume oil pump or not, ive been given a test to do once i get my oil lines on to see if the stock pump will flow enough.

I was told to run the oil feed hose into a cup and then start the engine for 15seconds and see how much oil came out and i told them what i was doing they seemed to think that it may flow too much oil for the turbo and that i may need to put a reducer in.

i have almost got all the gear i need for the conversion and providing nothing major go's wrong it could all be on in as little as 3 weeks.

my major concern at the moment is the ecu i have as im not 100% sure what it is so ive got the number for a guy that can give me the awnsers i need i just have to find time to call him and im also not sure wheather i will need a high volume oil pump or not, ive been given a test to do once i get my oil lines on to see if the stock pump will flow enough.

I was told to run the oil feed hose into a cup and then start the engine for 15seconds and see how much oil came out and i told them what i was doing they seemed to think that it may flow too much oil for the turbo and that i may need to put a reducer in.

any oil feed line for a turbo has to have a restricter in. Any. Best to just grab the oil lines and splitters off a l20et setup. And for the oil pump. Either install the springs from a l20et pump into the l24 unit. and run the higher base pressure. Or order from nissan a L28et Automatic Oil pump. :D

• 2 weeks later...

chucked my car on the dyno at tafe the other day it made 75KW at the wheels not verry impressive but we also chucked the lectures modified 302 Windsor powered Fairlane on and everyone recons that my car was louder yay.

75 ATW!!!!!

mate thats cookin!!!

the dyno sheet will look fricken great when all the upgrades are done!

what have you sorted for the oil feed?

are you going to get a L20et oil pump?

and what have you got for a distributor???

i know someone who ran a stock dist. and the engine pinged its nuts off above 8 psi....

im thinking of having a 2 or 3 stage solenoid attached to the dist. (via an adjustable frequency switch) and as the boost goes up, the timing gets backed off, and as the boost comes down, the timing goes back to normal.... just an idea.

good to see my old parts being put to good use mate........

hope all goes well if you are after anything else i may or may not still have it i am still trying to sell the whole wreck i have

cheers guys

dwayne

• 4 months later...

well i thought id never say this but its finally done my car is turbo yay i knocked it off in just one weekend with the the help of a few boyz from the r31club ive still got a few things i wanna do ova the next month or so e.g. cam, bigger exhaust, bigger front mount, and a bit of tuning but basicly ive been running 8psi and it dosnt ping at all i also found it will run with the N/A ecu and afm but not with the l20et throttle possition sensor i started off wid the l20et tps and the thing was hitting the rev limiter at 3000rpm and cutting the fuel after trying just about everything i decided to try the N/A tps and bingo thats what it was. Its going on the dyno this saturday just to suss out the air fuel ratio and fiddle wid the timing to hopefully allow a bit more boost.

I will get some pics up soon just got a few things to sort out and tidy up and then i will take some photos.