SAU Community

Can My Day Get Any Worse

jrocket

Well where to start, at the start of course. I was working on my car last night and put my keys for my skyline on the roof of one of my cars. I later then went out but as it was getting dark I didn't see the keys still on the roof and got in the car and drove off. Well it was the next day when i went to use the skyline that i realized that had left the keys on the roof the night before. And of course they weren't there must have slid off the car somewhere down the road. F*#king dumb ass i am, should have not put them up there.

So in a mad rush to go look round for them in the morning down the road i backed out of the drive (in my subaru) and bloody collected the gate which ripped off indicator and some of the bumper. A few choice words then back to looking for the keys. Had a look but no good, someone must have picked them up. My only hope that there is still a few decent people out there and they hand it in to police.

Well i was heading away for the wk so i grabbed the spare keys and headed off to my destination in the skyline. But as they say " they come in three's". 1st was keys 2nd was subaru.

Heading down this road near Cockatoo area there was a tree on my side of the road covering like 1 meter from the edge of the road. The car in front darted around tree, crossing onto other side of road. I was going to do the same but a Semi and 4 cars were coming the other way and there was not enough room to squeeze pass the tree and the truck so i jumped on the anchors to not hit the tree or truck. Well the lady behind me musta bee day dreaming cos she just was not watching and ran into the back of me. :)

There is the 3rd one.

Car quite f*#ked now. Had to use a crow bar to lever the rear panel off the rear wheel to drive home. She also pushed me into the tree i tried to dodge and scratched the whole left side as well. No injuries too so thank god. I figured i copped enough bad luck for one day so my luck has to change. So i then went and brought a tatts lotto ticket. I will post again on how this turns out.

Any information on other who have had similar accidents and how there car got repaired etc and turned out would be grate.

Well thats my life story >_<

stuffed1bl8.th.jpg

stuffed2qd2.th.jpg

stuffed3gj0.th.jpg

Edited by jrocket

Look on the bright side. Someone could have picked up the keys and stolen the car. Backing out you could have run over your pet cat/dog, and still smashed your light. And you could have been hit by that semi you mentioned.

See, so life aint that bad after all!

Being serious tho, glad your ok. Just think hit up the bum at least its not your fault, that gets fixed no out of pocket for you.

Yeah all good for me as insurance covers all but i am still down one car for a few months plus the other car is just my daily and thats a POS which is just getting me by. Looks like the rear wheel has been pushed forward a bit too. So structural or suspension damage. Shit thing is i still have to pay the loan for the car and i can't even use it.

ouch!!....look at it this way, lesson learned in not to leave your keys car roofs, not to back out of the driveway in a rush, and the third well thats just plain bad luck. i recon you've pretty much copped all the bad luck comming to you this year so its all gonna be good luck from now on. GO TATTS!!

Also yeah i am glad i took on the tree and not the truck. My little bro was in the car with me too so wouldn't only be me in the accident. The lady had 2 young kids like 2 yrs old but they all ok. I dont know how she didn't bounce into oncoming traffic. She steered to dodge me which was towards the truck and got my right rear quarter. Man i tell ya that shit happens fast. I nearly snagged second to floor it so she would miss me but i not fast enough to react. Trucked moved over at last second so i might have just made it thru with only scratches.

I thought of changing the ingnition. Is there a newer nissan that has a similar key lock that will fit the skyline. I thought of just ripping it all out alltogether and using a codded key pad or something.

Well only 30mins of this crappy day left.

i thought any car is responsible for hiting anyone else....regardless of reason.

the rulebook states u should be a good 2seconds away from the car infront of u...should of been enouhg time to stop i would suppose?

correct me if im wrong...

Yeah i think thats the general way it goes. She is in the wrong. But looks to me that she was off with the fairy's as there was no skid marks before she hit me.

Man it hurts to see my baby so messed up like this. I always looked after it and had it in like show room condition.

I'm glad no one was was hurt. If that's the worse day of your life then you're doing pretty well. I started the year by getting T-boned, pushed across four lanes of traffic, over the curb and through a fence. Spent the night in hospital and have about 2-3 years of rehab to look forward to and that WASN'T the worst day of my life.

Losing keys, backing into a gate and getting rear ended (where no one was hurt) isn't too bad. I hope your car gets repair quickly and properly and you're back on the road enjoying Skylining around.

Thanks all for the feed back. Yeah I am going to check out under the car n see if any structural stuff is bent. Man maybe my day wasn't that bad after all. I am still annoyed about loosing the keys cos it had my immobilizer button pad on it so someone can get into my car and drive away with it if they know what car it goes too that is. I might rip the locks out and change them.

If no structural damage think of it as a free respray on the line, get the panel beaters to change the barrel whilst there. mate that one os a blessing in disguise, it may look terrible now but you have just landed yourself a nice respray! :(

yeah I hope it will turn out like show room when they are done. I think they will cut out the damaged section and weld in new section from donor car. I hope they don't try to pull any "bog it up" shit. The rear wheel has been shifted forward bout 10mm or so. might be suspension arms or something that has copped it. Man it was crap on the side of the road after it. Panels all pushed onto rear wheel. A helpfull farmer nearby lent me a crow bar and i had to lever that shit off the wheel. Was hard to cause more damage to my car. Went past there today and picked up a few pieces left on roadside.

Yeah i found out what has made the rear wheel move forward. One of the suspension brackets the bolt onto the chassis has been bent up. Should be just matter of replace and all good. Hopefully shit lines up again. The boot lid seems to be still in the right spot with even spacings from the rear window. Yeah going to be hard job. Hope i get the right people to do it too.