SAU Community

Front Bar Spray Quotes

jjjDavey

Ive checked out a few places and the quotes to get a fibreglass 400r sprayed in white are:

$320

About $300 (verbal)

$400

over $450

Anyone recommend someone that can do a good job but maybe a little cheaper? Ive got quotes from FIbrevision and Cowley smash (cheapest 2).

Thanks

Ive checked out a few places and the quotes to get a fibreglass 400r sprayed in white are:

$320

About $300 (verbal)

$400

over $450

Anyone recommend someone that can do a good job but maybe a little cheaper? Ive got quotes from FIbrevision and Cowley smash (cheapest 2).

Thanks

Thats weird I was quoted only $150 to spray my front bar (JUN) by Fibrevision "provided I sand back of course"

Had a few other quotes and none were over $300!

Is it Brand new front bar? If so should be fairlly cheap!

I'll be asking for a quote from Advanced Panel & Paint in Osborne Park soon. I will be getting my front bar and bonnet sprayed. Will post quote soon.

How do I prep my bonnet and bumper BTW??

them prices u have been quoted are pretty good. $350-450 is about the average price to get a bumper painted. Bein fiberglass it will cost a lil more cos there is always some sort of extra prep wor required (eg: pin holes, gel coat blisters or just marks left from the mould).

A 400R bar has slightly bigger vents meanin tricky angles to spray at and is generally bigger than a standard bar so another reason costs more

mike

hmm i really should register my own username hahahaha

Just had my front bar 400r painted in pearl white. Cost me $500

The guy had to sand it down and prime it 2x then 3x coat of paint and then 2x clear i think not too sure on number of clear coats. It was painted by nick alberto`s in Osborne Park. These are the guy`s that do all the paint work for Alf Barbagello`s so they are used to doing ferrari`s,porche,lambo and all those exotic cars.

Its getting put on the car next week by Ken at hyperdrive along with all other mods going into the car.

Got 2 quotes yesterday!

"For Pearl Black respray ; front bar and bonnet"

Needs a fair bit of prep work!

1st quote: $290

2nd quote $350 (includes bracing front bar to restrict movement)

However I am just out of perth atm! I thought perth would be cheaper as in more competition but yeh not the case!

I just had a quote on respraying my bonnet and fixing some rust + respray on my rear shotgun arch. $450 and $800 respectively.

Bonnet spray included fender 'runover' for a better matching colour.

nearly every painter is gonna opt for "blending" adjacent panels when painting a car. While its not impossible to match a colour edge to edge perfect it does take a long time. I have spent up to 5 hours just tryin to match a colour.

With spraypainting bein on such a tight profit margin it is alot easier and quicker to to mix the colour to say a 95% right colour match then flick the colour and clear over any adjacent panels.

This may sound a lil dodgy to any1 not in the industry but this is actually the recommended method by the more reputable paint companies.

mike