SAU Community

R32 Gtst Or 300zx Tt

Hi all, im currently looking at buying either a 32 gtst, or a 300zx twin turbs. Obviously the 32 is a much smaller car and handle nicely. Do 300zx handle anywhere near as good as a skyline or are they just good for straight line performance?

Anyone know the fuel consumption of a 300 compared to the 32's

I recently have owned a 33 and found them a little like driving a boat so yeah, feel free to display opinions.

I recently have owned a 33 and found them a little like driving a boat so yeah, feel free to display opinions.

Hahahaha.... well i hav heard that 300 twin turbo is not the best car goin round and that it can be troublesum car at this stage of its life..

32's I can speak from personal experience, its a great car to drive i get about 10lts/100km (98RON) or a little over which is pretty good, and i dont drive like im driving miss daisey.

If you get one be prepared to look at quite a few, there are a lot of very bad examples around, but if you do get a good one and look after it it should serve you well and you will luv hopping into it everytime you drive it!

man, no competition, the 300zx will be faster...but there's a major comprimise....u will be driving around in a outdated 80's lookin shit heap. ok, maybe thats a bit harsh, i dont know wat they are like to drive, but imo they look ghhhheeeey.

go for the r32 and be apart of the skyline family.

everyone knows deep down the r32 is the greatest skyline of them all. if u can score a GTR, then even better.

man, no competition, the 300zx will be faster...but there's a major comprimise....u will be driving around in a outdated 80's lookin shit heap. ok, maybe thats a bit harsh, i dont know wat they are like to drive, but imo they look ghhhheeeey.

go for the r32 and be apart of the skyline family.

everyone knows deep down the r32 is the greatest skyline of them all. if u can score a GTR, then even better.

Yer ive driven a 32 and love its handling, i just cant see me getting a 300 to handle anywhere near as good, without spending a bit. They are very large cars, imo the 32 looks better. Just looking at the 300's engine bay, i doubt id even be able to reach for the oil filter lol. looks like lot of trips to the mechanic for simple fixes. But yer. i havent driven one so i suppose my final decision will be after ive gone for drive in one.

cheers anyway.

This forum isnt very good one for this topic either, because we are all biased lol. ahh well

from what i've read on aus300zx.com and other 300zx forums, the z32's have very good handling. especially the shorter wheel base versions (2-seaters) but not much difference to the 4-seaters.

one thing i can't understand is why 180sx/silvia and r32 owners say 300zx's are ugly :(

first of all, a silvia and an r32 are basically VLs with only 2 doors unless they are kitted etc. a z32 300zx looks hot even in standard form. the body shape is f**king timeless! enough said. ofcourse this is just my opinion so hold your fire!

if i had the money to keep a twin turbo 300zx on the road i would've bought one a long time ago without even thinking twice about it. skylines obviously are more reliable etc but a well looked after 300zx can also be reliable.

if i were you i'd go back to an r33 (series2)... r32's and z32's are getting old. r32s are over-priced and for a good well looked after 300zx be prepared to pay big $$$ even for a 89-90 model

your choice :sick:

I would personally go for the Z32, they are just a sexy looking vehicle. They are extremely responsive to modification, and with a 3l donk have torque like you wont find in the RB20 even with major mods.

The VG30 is an extremely strong engine, however most are now over 15 years old so look out for signs of trouble. Basically the bigger the pile of receipts the current owner can provide the more you should take that car :sick:

I think Z32's are very nice but have been told at later stages of their life the VG30's like to pop a head gasket or two which is an engine out of car experience. In fact there are a lot of reasons you can find to take the engine out or so I have been told :yes:

Other than that they are pure SEX and I have wanted to own one since I was about 5-6 years old and I asked dad what sort of car it was :D I think its a bit too late to think about buying such an old car though. Take a look at an S2 R33 GTST. I have one with a type M body kit and it aint that bad on the eyes either!

everyone knows deep down the r32 is the greatest skyline of them all.

Somehow I dont think everyone would think that...

Go the 32 though, 300zx has a very cramped engine bay and is hard to work on, the 32 will not only modify easier but looks better to, the 300 looks very dated imo especially the back.

Edited by R33silverS2

I saw a silver 300zx with ferrari style tail lights, didn't look half bad. Whoever says the 300zx is ugly has no sense of style :) . Lamborghini used the exact same headlights in the diablo!

Although the interior does look shocking, but isn't that a pre-requisite of 80's/early 90's cars? :) Hell, after driving my dad's 350z I can barely stand my r34's interior.

The only bad thing I can say about the r32 is I'm not a fan of the amber corners on the headlights, saw an r32 with full clear headlights & made a MASSIVE improvement, in my opinion.

300's are great cars to squirt around town etc as the have a large capacity engine and small turbos but they do run out of puff up the top. Having said that they are nice looking cars especially the later models 1996 etc but if you buy one I hope you have deep pockets as they can be expensive to fix.

Cheers

Chris

yer, imo the 32 are meaner looking cars than the 33. Both great cars for performance and easy to work on so yer ill probably wait out for a nice 32 to come along. I have little money to spare so if problems occur id like to be able to fix a few myself.

cheers for your comments

Edited by siiick