SAU Community

Closed

IanB

Details Update:

Meeting Place:

This time round we will only be doing one meetup point, this is to allow me to get pizza for everyone. I cannot go to the southside meetup and get pizza at the same time, as it would be cold for the northside meetup

Meetup Place and Time: 9th of feb, 7pm, Bunnings Warehouse, Stafford Road, Stafford. Near the car lovers. I will be waiting there with pizza for thoes who place there orders now.

I am willing to go on trust and have people pay me once they get there, but, please do not abuse this. If you are not going to be there, *please let me know in advance*, espically of you have ordered a pizza.

Find attached to the list bellow people's pizza orders.

List of stops:

1. Bunnings wearhouse stafford, 450 Stafford Rd 4053

2. Large BP on waterworks Road

3. Jollies Lookout

4. The lookout ontop of clear mountain. Its kind of just a dirt patch so im not sure if it has a name

5. Mt Mee lookout. Great lookout, has clear public facilities, good view, heaps of parking, a little undercover area. Good spot for photos.

6. BP we stoped at in the december run (cant remember the name). Cruise will stop here, people are free to make there way home in small groups.

Roads/turns Taken:

1. Waterworks road

2. Mt Nebo Road

3. Arrive at jollies lookout

4. Turn left from jollies when leaving. Follow this road until you get to the samford turn off. Take this. Be advised, tight corners, when they say 60 kph they really do mean it on some of thoes corners.

5. Follow the road your on once you get off the mountain until you hit a large roundabout with a caltex on the left hand corner. Turn left at this roundabout. Please try to limit BOV / Noise through here as were going up the guts of samford and im sure the residents wouldnt appreciate all the racket.

6. Turn right onto Eatons Crossing Road. Follow this road until you see clear mountain road. Well signed.

7. Follow clear mountain road until you arrive at the top. The lookout is a sharp bend round a blind right hand 90 degree corner, it has a large dirt patch to the left with a great view and a hotel on the right ontop of the hill the corner go's around.

8. Continue in direction we were going before we stoped at the lookout. This will take you to the bottom of the mountain. Turn left and follow this for about 5 - 10 mins, you will arrive in dayboro where the road will bend round to the right with another road going off to the left. Follow the turn to the right, the the next left, then follow the signs to mt mee. After stoping at the meeting point, continue on down mt mee road until you arrive at another T intersection, turn right and follow your nose, it will lead you to the BP and then to brisbane / home.

In total last night we left at about 8:30 and got home at about 12:30. We didnt do nebo, just headed straight out to samford, but we got lost once and I had to pull over for 30 mins when the ECU decided it didnt like vortex 98 so the whole run should take about 4 hours or so.

Thats all for now. Works busy atm so ill update the blanks and stuff later on.

List:

IanB - Super Supreme

Karen + Marc

John + Shane

mrbenno ? (Didnt actually say he was coming, but it is implied?)

Dan_B

phatboi2010

booosted33

wolfwood

MagicMikeZ32

hrd-hr30 + ?

AzzurrA - Hawaiian on Pan

ZENNON

Nate79

m0rt - meatlovers + hawaiian

Staffo - Ham and Cheese

maclarenf1

silverbulletR33

Rhinorebel

Spaar

scooby36

rusk

Steve

jlnewton - maybe?

Zathris

monkey

FOG35

gtt23 - maybe

SirSkyline

Destero - plain cheese on thin

Ground Rules:

A few rules will be enforced on these runs, the usual obvious ones so that we dont draw unwanted attention / police attention - no burnouts, skids of any sorts, drifting is expressly banned on the mountain (there thin roads, there will be at least 20 cars there, and theres allways traffic + blind corners). Your free to take it at your own pace and the front group will be taking it fairly briskly, but if you want to go faster then the person infront of you, make sure you overtake them in a safe manner. If there not going fast enough for you, thats no excuse to tailgate them or try and push them.

post-28458-1169730386.gif

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I should be down for this, just need to know a date.

Mt Mee is pretty simple, however once you get to the top it flattens out too much so a better option is to head down into caboolture through a small road called Campbells Pocket road, nice bit of black top, just don't go too hard cause it gets pretty tight.

I should be down for this, just need to know a date.

Mt Mee is pretty simple, however once you get to the top it flattens out too much so a better option is to head down into caboolture through a small road called Campbells Pocket road, nice bit of black top, just don't go too hard cause it gets pretty tight.

Hope this helps...just wanted to use this map software i got... :P ...the distance of that bit came to 10.5 KM

post-29613-1169819422.gif

List and Date updated. Please tell me if theres a problem with this date.

I will scout the run prob on thursday night if anyone wants to come along. Bear in mind itll be a scouting run so theres a high chance we will get lost.

The jurys still out as to if mines slipping or not...

We will see what mr dyno has to say.

Bring it round and I will tell you...I have seen a few in the past few months! :(

And from what I saw in Friday I would say yes...your car would have a jump over the near stock R32 GTST then as revs rose it couldn't pull away despite making all the right noises, this odd loss of top end thrust points to the clutch.

if i were you i would put it off till the 16th, that way you give yourself enough time to make sure your car is working fine and can actually come on the cruise in your car.

we dont want to see the same thing happen again :(

List and Date updated. Please tell me if theres a problem with this date.

I will scout the run prob on thursday night if anyone wants to come along. Bear in mind itll be a scouting run so theres a high chance we will get lost.

I could drive that route in my sleep if you want a hand scouting without getting lost. Put me down for the cruise too just to prove not all GTRs are always off the road :( probably plus one passenger depending on her roster that week.

I know a nice windy little detour from Samford Rd across to Eaton's Xing Rd to Clear Mtn via the Mailman's track and Bunya Rd too if you want to check that out. Bit more interesting than the main road through Samford, but slightly longer.

I know Campbell's Pocket Rd pretty well too, there are a couple of blind corners over crests that could be a bit of an issue at night but it is a very nice road, if a little narrow. You could do a loop and go down the other side of Mt Mee one way and back up the other road if you wanted to, but there's plenty of driving in your route already.