Closed

IanB

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ill pass on the food Ian - Im going to have to race from my house just to get there (where are we meeting exactly?) at 7 (are we meeting at 7? remember seeing 7 somewhere in the post)

in summary:

- no food for me thanks

- please update 1st post with exact meeting location and meeting time

:)

yeah i'll come, sounds like fun, i have a spare seat.

if i dont have my car in time rohan i'll co-pilot with you again if you want.

it'll either arrive on the day or after the weekend :woot: so, luck pending, could be driving (but knowing my luck , i wont be)

Details Update:

Meeting Place:

This time round we will only be doing one meetup point, this is to allow me to get pizza for everyone. I cannot go to the southside meetup and get pizza at the same time, as it would be cold for the northside meetup

Meetup Place and Time: 7pm, Bunnings Warehouse, Stafford Road, Stafford. Near the car lovers. I will be waiting there with pizza for thoes who place there orders now.

I am willing to go on trust and have people pay me once they get there, but, please do not abuse this. If you are not going to be there, *please let me know in advance*, espically of you have ordered a pizza.

If you want a pizza, post up. Orders will close midday friday. I will be getting the pizza from Pizza Hut, unless anyone has any objections.

Just finished scouting the run then, will be a good run, car developed a few problems on the stint back however I believe them to be fule related... (a reset of the ECU fixed it tempoarily - its cutting boost back to 0.6 BAR, I believe its getting a high knock reading... Will fill it up with fuel again tomorrow and see how it go's)

The run itself is quite intresting and should be a blast. Coming down the samford way off nebo will be a chalange with some very tight corners, also the oppisite side of clear mountain has a few good corners on it. Mt Mee is also a nice road with some 100-km/h speed limit twisty sections :laugh:

Should be a good night!

Not as far as I know - I lost track of the name of the roads after we got off clear mountain road but I know where im going now. Theres also a few really nice stops along the way

ill look at campbells pocket, see what I can figure out. In other news, my car sorted itself as soon as it got some ultimate into it... Damn dodge vortex.

Ian, how come we are starting the night so far from the start of the run?? The Gap Village is a lot closer and has ample parking?? Or aren't you starting from Nebo?? I just think we lose too many people going through so many sets of lights.

I am in either way and will give you my pizza order once I figure out a nice way to break my free dinner plans with my parents.......

You have a fair point about the gap village. I like the bunnings however as it has easy access and we wont have people getting lost in the carpark like last time. On the other hand I will be pulling into the large BP on waterworks road like last time to allow everyone to make sure they have fule. Also, theres a BP at the end of this run, same one we stoped at on the december run.

I can change the meeting point to the gap village however im worried it might be a bit late for that and we will loose people.

List of stops:

1. Bunnings (will post address in a tic, watch this space)

2. Large BP on waterworks Road

3. Jollies Lookout

4. The lookout ontop of clear mountain. Its kind of just a dirt patch so im not sure if it has a name

5. Mt Mee lookout. Great lookout, has clear public facilities, good view, heaps of parking, a little undercover area. Good spot for photos.

6. BP we stoped at in the december run (cant remember the name). Cruise will stop here, people are free to make there way home in small groups.

Roads/turns Taken:

1. Waterworks road

2. Mt Nebo Road

3. Arrive at jollies lookout

4. Turn left from jollies when leaving. Follow this road until you get to the samford turn off. Take this. Be advised, tight corners, when they say 60 kph they really do mean it on some of thoes corners.

5. Follow the road your on once you get off the mountain until you hit a large roundabout with a caltex on the left hand corner. Turn left at this roundabout. Please try to limit BOV / Noise through here as were going up the guts of samford and im sure the residents wouldnt appreciate all the racket.

6. Turn right onto (road name pending). Follow this road until you see clear mountain road. Well signed.

7. Follow clear mountain road until you arrive at the top. The lookout is a sharp bend round a blind right hand 90 degree corner, it has a large dirt patch to the left with a great view and a hotel on the right ontop of the hill the corner go's around.

8. Continue in direction we were going before we stoped at the lookout. This will take you to the bottom of the mountain. Turn left and follow this for about 5 - 10 mins, you will arrive in a town and the road will eventually bend round to the right with another road going off to the left. Follow the turn to the right, the the next left, then follow the signs to mt mee. After stoping at the meeting point, continue on down mt mee road until you arrive at another T intersection, turn right and follow your nose, it will lead you to the BP and then to brisbane / home.

In total last night we left at about 8:30 and got home at about 12:30. We didnt do nebo, just headed straight out to samford, but we got lost once and I had to pull over for 30 mins when the ECU decided it didnt like vortex 98 so the whole run should take about 4 hours or so.

Thats all for now. Works busy atm so ill update the blanks and stuff later on.