SAU Community

power windows

hippy

does anyone get this annoying clanking sound when you're winding down the left hand side windows?? i got it on my car and my cousin has it worse on his car .. i can't figure out whats causing the noise ... it only happens when the window first starts going down ... after that its fine. ...

I get this same problem. Anyone who gets in the car for the first time chringes with the noise.

If there is someway to fix it, I'd love to. It sounds aweful! The only time my trim has been taken off is when I got the windows tinted. My b/f said something about the glass not being in the track properly or something....

Anyone got anyway of fixing it??

I had the same problem. I took it to Nissan, who fixed it - apparently it's a loose bolt or something in the winding mechanism. You need to remove the door panel to fix it.

It doesn't take long to do (it took my garage less than 30 minutes) and when it's done you can wind up and down in silence...:)

Does anyone else get that loud clunk when you try to wind up the window when it is currently only 5 inches of the way down ?

To demonstrate it for yourself, start with window closed...Then open the window a bit to hear that skyline guys sick exhaust note next to you at the lights...After he's launched it at the lights and you seem unimpressed at the effort, close your window all the way...and...CLUNK

Demon Dave is right.

I had this same problem, sounded like the window was going to break every time. I pulled the door trim off, and adjusted the rails, and tightened the bolts, as some were loose. No it makes no sound...

Just pull your door trim off, and watch your window go up and down, you'll figure it out...

Mine used to always do it. It was a horrible sound, I cringed everytime I heard it. I took it to Nissan for a service and when I got it back it was fixed. I asked the lass at the front desk how they fixed it and she said she didnt know :D

so i take of the door trim .. what next? do i have to take of the panel between the trim and the outside panel??

i took the trim off last weekend ... but i couldn't get to the winding mechanisms at all ... i was just watching the window go up and down .. but nothing .. it only makes the noise when the door is closed ...

if it only makes the noise when the door is closed, its prolly coz

when the door close the window is forced outwards by the seals as it goes up.

sounds like something is bent out of alignment or the window has dropped at one end.

does one end of the window "drop" first when you start to wind it down from the closed position with the door closed?

one of these days i will fix my own drivers side window - hadnt worked for about 8mths. funny how you get used to things :D

this could be worth a try....

with the trim off, from memory you will see 2 adjuster bolts at the top of the door at each end of the window. these can be loosened off and slid up and down to adjust angle etc.

its possible one of these might have moved/dropped.

you can usually see where the original factory position was due to scratches and marks on the paint.

mark the current positions of the bolts before you start moving them so you can move them back if you need to.

the side that drops down first when you start winding the window down is the side i would raise a tad.

dan_the_man Prepsol will get silicon off , not sure about on tinted windows tho , but its used to prep paintwork .

I just recently had my door trims off to fix my door locks after having central locking hooked up to the alarm (they left a retaining hook unattached ) . I thought I'd have a look at the clunky windows while it was all off . Once the door trims are off , peel back the plastic so you can see inside the door cavity .

I found that adjusting the two top brushes eliminated the wobble in the windows . Also the window was coming down unevenly . There is an adjusting rail right in the middle of the door . It has 2 6mm nuts about 20cm apart u need to undo . Play around with this until you work out the right way to move it to make the window go up and down evenly . Worked for me .

hippy , the brushes at the top have a bolt , just loosen it off and you can move the brushes in and out . Remember the window is curved so make sure its not too tight when the window is up as this is where it gets tight .