SAU Community

Flyn Perf dump/front pipe update

Congrats SeriesIIGTST!

Sounds like it all worked out well for you! Do you have a high flow cat on your car or did you leave the standard one on?

All in all, GOOD JOB!

Thanks fot the pics and Info,

Gianni

Pops:

No, I didn't wrap it. Was going to HPC coat it while it was over east but in the end, I couldn't be stuffed. My car isn't a performance monster and really goes fast enough for my liking so for me, the additional cost probably wasn't warranted. I've heard that thermal wrapping can trap in moisture and corrode the metal also? Anyone else care to shed light on this point?

Yes regarding the thermal wrap, I went to check some out at Autobarn and on the pack it said "warning-may shorten the life of metal" so I thought stuff that, I feel the turbo spools up plenty quick enough for me so I didn't think it worth it anyway.

So what are you saying guy's It's definetly not worth getting the heat wrap for the dump/front pipe? Can it actually rust the pipe out? If this is the case, I don't think I'll wrap it!

By the way guy's do the Flyn pipes you got make alot of heat under the bonnet or in the passenger compartment due to the large size of the piping after having a fairly long drive?

I'm saying it's personal preference to the wrapping. Obviously, if they are putting warning labels on, then it's a tradeoff between power now (due to less heat) versus longevity of the pipe. HPC coating in the best option if you got the $$ (can't imagine it's too much ~$150?)

No i haven't noticed any extra heat but i haven't had a long drive. It's going to be subject to peak hour traffic thursday so i'll let you know but i can't imagine it would make any more heat than the exhaust already produces.

Wouldn't worry about it peoples. Its a skyline we are talking about here.

They have insulation under the carpet to keep the heat out.

Not like the VS Commodore I had where on hot days the center console would get hot.