SAU Community

Deca - Sat 10th Feb, Volunteers Required

Scotsman

As we will be short on committee hands for this weekends DECA day, we need to rely on some help from you guys as volunteers. In return for your help we are more than happy to give you priority entry to the next DECA day and a free lunch on the day.

The main role we will need help with is the BBQ. BBQ usually is in operation from 11:30ish till 1:30ish.

Chef1 - Dan

Chef2 - Tony

Cashier - Bec

We also need help on the back track for the morning session - 9am - 12:30pm

Long wang timing - West's mate

Long wang starter - West

Long wang checkpoint 1 - ??

Long wang checkpoint 2 - ??

Long wang finish gate - ??

Mini-Wang starter - ??

Mini-Wang finish - ??

Please post if you can help out.

Ok i'm available for the whole morning section including lunch time so fit me in where ever.

I might bring a friend, can i take my friend to where i'll be post?

Yep should be fine. Might put you on timing and starting for the long wang then. As long as you can handle 3-2-1-GO (hand drops) and the other one starts the stop watch.

Yep should be fine. Might put you on timing and starting for the long wang then. As long as you can handle 3-2-1-GO (hand drops) and the other one starts the stop watch.

Sure, i'll start practising lol.

How about 1-2-3 GO and the other hand is for my smoke lol J/K.

I will be coming up on the Saturday and would be more then happy to help out with the timing etc but I can't guarentee that ill be up there on time which makes me pretty useless really.

If I make it in time I will help out for sure.

- Nathan

Nathan, what happened to entering this time you slacker? After all that convincing i did and you're not entered? hahaha. Get your ass up early and drive up with us.

Yeah I know I wouldnt mind having a bash but i dont think there is much chance of me organising cams, a helmet and a spot before Sat.

I am a slacker... a really busy one.

Long wang checkpoint 1 - ??

Long wang checkpoint 2 - ??

Long wang finish gate - ??

Mini-Wang finish - ??

Whats involved with these roles? The starter role is self explanatory, but the other ones I'm not sure of.

I've never been to one of these events but am heading up this Saturday to check it out, I could give a hand if needed, just don't want to stuff anything up haha

Ben it's easy. Basically it's letting the timer know if someone knocks over a cone. Then if they have knocked one over you have to put it back in place.

Not overly difficult but out the back it is quite an interesting spot to watch from as you'll see a lot of locked up wheels!

Ben it's easy. Basically it's letting the timer know if someone knocks over a cone. Then if they have knocked one over you have to put it back in place.

Not overly difficult but out the back it is quite an interesting spot to watch from as you'll see a lot of locked up wheels!

And 4 Wheel drifting!

Finish gate just has raise arm once car is stopped inside the gate and then move the finish cone so the car can drive out of the box.

Checkpoint's just need to radio back that the car went through the gates ok, or if they knocked over a cone and how many. Radio communication with the timer is essential.