SAU Community

Power Cruise

luvsit

it is actually March 2,3,4 on Friday they start letting cars onto the track from midday.

I have already put in for the day as annual leave.

For a competitor it is the best event to go to you can always be doing something.

this is my third Powercruise

At the Last power cruise I crossed under the track to the grandstand to watch some of the events on the main straight and the grand stand alone was half full

You get a lot of cars out cruising and playing

from mild street cars (mine)

to full on 7 + 8 second drag cars

i think its around $140or so to enter your car now because of late entry.

not much driving on friday, they dont let ppl on the track till about noon.

not sure how much for spectator day entry.

Fridays program

Entry before Feb 24 is $170 after FEB 24 $240.00

12.00pm to 10.00pm

Lukey Dyno Shootout

Qualifying session. May be a few surprises here for the early birds.

12.00pm to 3.00pm

Carline Mufflers Powercruise Session 1.

The first Carline Mufflers Powercruise session at Eastern Creek Raceway will be a casual laid back cruise for the early birds. Invited display cars will also be cruising however these cars are not permitted to enter into the finals of any competition and are here for your viewing and racing pleasure. These cars consist of some of the toughest cars you would ever see cruising anywhere. Some are unregistered but have special significance and are invited to Powercruise because we know you want to see them.

3.00pm to 3.30pm

Superplus Powerskid Practice Demo's.

Lets see who the contenders are for the Powercruise World Record attempt set down for Saturday afternoon are. This is a testing session only so use your brakes or don't use your brakes, doesn't matter but what does matter is when it comes to the main event, you'd better be using one pedal only….the LOUD Pedal…

3.45pm to 6.30pm

Carline Mufflers Powercruise Session 2.

Your chance to Cruise Eastern Creek International Raceway with your mates in the car cruising alongside superstars like Gary Myers Burnout Mustang, Milan Dokic in his Blown Injected Camaro, the Bandag Bullet Drag Truck as well as 1500Hp Pro Street Outlaws, Elite show cars, Street Machines, Imports, Hotrods, Race Cars and many more of Sydney's finest 4-cylinder, 6-cylinder, rotary, V8, supercharged, big-blocked, gassed-up, turbo-charged street cars that anyone dares to show up with.

7.00pm to 10.00pm

Hoosier Tyres Australia Burnout Competition Practice session

Friday night burnouts have returned by popular demand. Entrants will have a chance to practice for the big gig Saturday night. Remember this is practice and not qualifying. Everyone who shows up Saturday night will go into the battle for the Powercruise Burnout Champion of Eastern Creek…..who needs the world stage anyway.

7.00pm to 10.00pm

The Bandag Bullet Powerskid Demo.

Frank Gaffiero will have the front straight to show us all just how to Powerskid 4 tyres, with Twin Detroit Diesel engines with 2 superchargers and 4 turbo chargers. Ron Laycock also fires up the 4000hp Jet truck to take on the Bandag Bullet in the Smoke Making Comp.

6.00pm to 11.30pm

Entertainment, D.J and Games in Party Central.

The stage and the bar will be setup where it usually is for all the action that's become legendary at Powercruise events in Sydney.

No Minors allowed. Bars will be open. See map for location.

12.00 midnight

Carline Muffler's Powercruise #8 event closed to general public.

Edited by spx25t

• 2 weeks later...

I'm flying down from Brisbane to check this out, heard the last was awesome! I'll be the guy in a QLD SAU shirt riding in a black LX hatch torrana :(

Let me know what u guys r driving so i can keep an eye out!

Cheers,

MicK

Edited by MicK51