SAU Community

Catalytic converter

nismoman18

I did bring this up before but didnt get many responses. My catalytic converter is totally screwed, it makes a funny rattling sound like the ceramic crap is loose and rattling i guess. there seems to be more power but i need sum suggestions wether i should get a new cat on there, or just to get it checked. Im unsure wether i melted the temperature sensor too. Story was that i overheated the cat at the race track, didnt care and kept going, light went off, but funny sounds happened. theres no leaks just the annoying sound

HELP ME

As the cat sounds like it is probably screwed and therefore not doing it's job , my suggestion is to remove it and , err , eject the honeycomb stuff inside with a large screwdriver.

This will get rid of your noise.

Note to the EPA who are reading this , nismoman18 is only going to do this while at the racetrack.

For all other times , he will go and purchase a new Hiflo cat at a cost of about $300. Yea riiiight.

Ohh and btw , the reason the light probably went out is that there is nothing much left to overheat, hence the overheat light has gone off. Was there any mention from the guys behind about sparks and shit coming out the back ?

Cheers

Ken