SAU Community

Emissons

ih8vls

nah of course not. how could a change in charge temperature, density and oxygen composition possibly change the vehicle emmisions? :)

The change in temperature and density will be measured by the air mass meter(s), and the ECU will use this signal to set injector pulse. If everything's working well it should not affect emissions much, if at all.

Change in oxygen composition? Do you mean change the oxygen content of air? By what process could that occur??

For the original poster - take it to a tuner and ask for an emissions legal tune ;-) You will need to do different things depending on which exhaust gases are too high, so get an emissions check from the RTA to give you a baseline starting point.

Read this thread thru to the end;

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...amp;hl=emission

HTH

I guarantee adding an intercooler 4 or 5 times the size of the o.e.m component will change the emissions from the factory recorded specs.

Stating otherwise is just showing your ignorance of the facts :laugh:

Cheers :laugh:

not as yet just dont want to take the risk ive been down to penrith last year to have the im240 test done cos we were going to have mine and my sons car engineered and were told to have that and noise test on exshaust

indeed. change anything and you can expect the emissions to get worse - do you think nissan's engineers are idiots?

Not at all. I suspect they have built the system to be emissions legal at many different intake temps.

I made the assumption that a bigger intercooler would be analogous to a lower ambient temperature. I may well be full of crap as i have no first hand experience, but the reasoning behind "change anything and you can expect the emissions to get worse" seems pretty weak. Care to elaborate on why? Is it because the intercooler changes the oxygen composition ;-)

I guarantee adding an intercooler 4 or 5 times the size of the o.e.m component will change the emissions from the factory recorded specs.

Stating otherwise is just showing your ignorance of the facts :D

Cheers :happy:

if this is true how come, to get a intercooler enginered there's no need to do a emissions test?you think if it changed emissions to much engineers would have to get them passed by the rta??????

too get the car enginered you have to have an im240 test done if you dont it dont matter if you have an enginers cert for your cooler and a cop pulls you over he will defect you if you dont have an im240 test

nah of course not. how could a change in charge temperature, density and oxygen composition possibly change the vehicle emmisions? :P
lol! what shaun said!

not when your tested at idle or part throttle(the test) lol :P