Clipsal 500

Whiplash

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f**k the clipsal 500, f**k it to death

should be f**ken outlawed from the city - Clipsal 500; Go and Get f**ked

Get it out of the f**ken city and out to mallalla where it belongs, or build a new circuit down at Lonsdale where the mobil oil refinery was.

Traffic problems, and loss of business, due to clipsal 500 are an absolute f**ken joke. Such a joke of a race effects 100's of thousands of ppl - why do we have to put up with it? For what benefit?

My personal gripe is the fact that this week (and last week) its taking me 80 f**king minutes to get to work in the morning - with my rooted knees Im in absolute f**king pain. So whats the go - I have to take my annual leave off whenever the Clipsal is on in town? bejeeeeesus

umm, obviously Im not that happy, lol :rofl:

It benefits the state enormously, it brings millions and millions of dollars over the weekend.

Think of how well hotels and restraurants and pubs are going to be going this weekend.

I live south of Hutt St, so it fouls me up too, but I have the luxury of relatively flexible hours at work, so I've just been going in early to beat the rush.

I'm not going this year, but I think it's a great event, and 2 weeks of inconvenience isn't so much to pay. I sympathise for you and your knees mate, but I'm forced to wonder if you'd give a shit if it didn't affect you, or if it's just another case of NIMBY.

Sorry Brendan I disagree.

I think it is bloody awesome and would be HUGELY inconvenient to be out at Mallala or similar. Plus being in town makes it so easy to eat, drink or sleep around the event.

I would prefer not to drive 80 minutes each way to watch the car racing for each of the 4 days :)

Had a ball today (yes I am home already - have work to do and don't want to burn myself out on the 1st day), but it was unbelievably HOT sitting in the sun!! My fave pics below (promo girls were few and far between today :ninja: )

post-669-1172732536.jpg

post-669-1172732544.jpg

post-669-1172732551.jpg

post-669-1172732558.jpg

post-669-1172732565.jpg

post-669-1172732572.jpg

post-669-1172732579.jpg

post-669-1172732587.jpg

thats a bit dull andrew, im here in the middle of nowhere and thats all the pics of ladies you can take:( Now im not happy, hope ull be able to do better next few days for me.

we'll find some for you matt, don't worry about that, i'm sure we will find some timeto catch up at the "fashion" parade and get some pics for you

Edited by Whiplash

nah its all good

Ive always enjoyed the days Ive been to the GP or the Clipsal500

it truely is a great Sth Aussie event

Honestly it was said a tad tongue in cheek - but then again yesterday was a 8x forte day. Just really struggling to sit in a car for longer than 30mins.

If Im still working in the city this time next year (wont be unless I get a decent pay rise) then I'll take a few days off, I guess ..................

i got a heap of pics/vids of the cars and the concerts.

hehe i went mental when i End Of Fashion come on, my throat was

paying for it this morning.

i'll be up at clipsal later today, to see Eskimo Joe, more screaming

involved haha.

i'll put some of the pics up of the cars/concerts and i'll put the vids up

later tonight if i have time to.

God damn work... can't go thurs, fri or sat.... But,I'll be there on sunday if any SAUers are goin then!!

Tangles... take one for the team man!! I know its a pain in the arse but its only a short time!! :no:

i'll be there early on sunday, i'm hoping to get some vids of the Roulettes.

saw them yesterday as i got off the bus, i was almost in tears coz i couldn't

get the camera out of my bag :no:

was speaking to Hecotr Lester today (ex british GT champion driving the red ferrari in andrews pics) my mate the owner of the car fell of his push bike and broke his arm

It benefits the state enormously, it brings millions and millions of dollars over the weekend.

Think of how well hotels and restraurants and pubs are going to be going this weekend.

for sure

it brings lots of tourists into this dead city

comes alive only once or twice a year

nitecrawler, got better girls pic than that? :O

Nice pics Andrew, would be better if there wasn't that ugly fella in the white shirt spoiling a few of the shots though :(.

I am maybe going tomorrow myself, but haven't decided yet. Would be nice being a clipsal employee if we even got a chance to get any tickets, but once again the employees get shafted :)